Security Roots Ltd.
Company Website: https://www.rootsecurity.com.sg/
Remote Locations: Worldwide
Job Type: Full Time
We’re looking to hire our 10th full-time employee, a well-rounded Support professional.
In this role, you will learn a ton and be part of a small, global, and user-centered company. You’ll even report directly to Daniel Martin, the founder. You’ll have the opportunity to make a difference to the lives of 100s of ethical hackers. Plus, as a small team, you will will have a lot of choice about what to work on, and there are still a lot of untapped opportunities for you to grow as the company does.
This is a **full-time position** with an immediate start date to work 100% remotely. You’ll be taking care of our customers and community for about 40 hours per week – Monday through Friday having a flexible schedule with **reasonable overlap with normal EU business hours**.
- Troubleshooting technical issues in Dradis and helping our developers diagnose bugs.
- Acting as the bridge between our users and the product team. As someone on the front line, your understanding of the product and our users is incredibly valuable. You’ll regularly chat with the both to make sure we’re getting things right.
- Enhancing and growing our online documentation tools.
- Helping create and support Dradis reporting templates (Word, Excel, HTML), writing custom scripts, etc.
Customer success is a big part of the role. You’ll work one-on-one with customers, helping them to get the most out of Dradis. You won’t be shy to jump on a live screen-sharing session, or to schedule meetings to talk about unique use cases.
- You speak technology as a first language and are great at teaching yourself new software and web applications. You are not afraid of the source code, and have some rudimentary knowledge of Ruby (or some other programming language) and are not afraid to use it!
- Ideally you’ve held a remote position before, or you’ve held a similar technical support role in a traditional organisation but now are looking to improve your work-life balance.
- You’re comfortable communicating with others verbally and in writing. You will be regularly contacting clients via email and dealing with the rest of the team to squash bugs and solve user problems. You can de-escalate a tense situation with ease and you can slip the word “cylon” somewhere in your application.
- You’re passionate about support. You’re in it for the long haul, and you’ve been doing it for a while. This isn’t your first rodeo, nor is it a stepping stone. We’re looking for someone with experience and a serious knack for helping others.
- Work anywhere – Work from anywhere, provided you have reasonable overlap with the team (roughly within European business hours).
- Flexible vacation – Take time off when you need it, we trust you. Minimum 4 weeks per year.
- No external pressures – Our users are king and we do what’s best for them. We’re self-funded, and don’t have any investors, so we can make the right decision for our users without worrying about artificial deadlines or financial targets.
- Autonomy – You will be given a lot of freedom to do what you think is right, without needing to explain every decision.
- Meaningful work – You will take initiative and ownership to see things through to completion. We won’t micro-manage you and your work will be measured by your results.
How To Apply:
Click “apply” below to process your Job application!
- Specific Job Location Worldwide (EU timezone)
- Salary Offer $40K
- Experience Level Junior Level, Mid Level
- Education Level Unspecified
- Working Hours M-F overlap with EU Timezone
- Closing Date October 15, 2021
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page