Company Website: https://www.youneedabudget.com/
Remote Locations: Worldwide
Job Type: Full Time
As a visual designer at YNAB, you’ll be a prized resource for our marketing team, churning out ads, landing pages, and supplementary graphics while maintaining the YNAB brand. You’ll work alongside our writer and web developer to help maintain our website, and you’ll lend your design skills to a variety of cross-team projects that span the YNAB ecosystem. You will be our boots on the ground, protecting our brand with your pixel-perfect attention to detail.
What Success Looks Like
The marketing team marvels at your ability to think big and execute quickly on the smallest of tasks. You roll up your sleeves and deliver what’s needed, sometimes before the team even asks for it. Other designers can’t stop praising you for your museum-worthy ads and strict approach to file management. You’ll probably make our CEO cry from time to time. Your campaigns are so beautiful he can barely look at them without bringing out a tissue. You also make us laugh. We like to laugh.
You take direction from multiple teams, and communicate freely. You understand that great communication and time management is critical to your success in a remote work environment. When you say it will be done, it will be done. Your teammates don’t even have to think about it.
You know a great designer loves the very smallest parts of the job. Some call it pixel pushing. Others call it production work. We call it craft. You love seeing your designs come to life in the browser and communicate easily with developers, including in HTML and CSS. Because that’s how it’s done.
Finally, the success of a designer at YNAB hinges upon the ability to approach design as holistic problem-solving for both creative and business goals. We work collaboratively here and you’ll listen to (devour, really) ideas, questions, and critiques from teammates with grace and patience.
That said, you know your stuff and can eloquently and logically explain design decisions. You see this type of exchange as critical to the success of yourself and our company: it is through sharing ideas and being open to the brilliance of others that we arrive at the best solutions.
YNAB is an equal opportunity employer. We believe diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and experiences to be critical to our success and are passionate about creating a welcoming, supportive, and collaborative environment for all employees. All are encouraged to apply as we continue to grow a smart, hard-working, and diverse team who love working together to build something that matters.
- Working with our content team to brainstorm and produce ad campaigns.
- Using existing components to design new landing pages or update old ones.
- Creating supplementary assets for blog posts (such as infographics).
- Maintaining a shared library of artwork that is used across the company.
- Serving as a design resource for various cross-team projects, creating everything from one-sheets to social media posts—if someone needs it, you’ve got it handled!
- You have at least two years of experience working in marketing design.
- You are intimately familiar with design software, especially Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- You understand the value of brand consistency and always ensure that your work upholds existing standards—even if they’re at odds with your personal style.
- You may not be an illustrator, but you know the pen tool in and out and can manipulate vector art assets without breaking a sweat.
- You are productive and independent, able to produce high quality work within tight deadlines.
- You’re not a coder, but you have a solid knowledge of the tech side of web design. You understand web standards and are a champion of good usability.
- You have experience designing responsive web pages and running A/B tests.
- You strive to continuously improve your craft, enjoy learning from others, and find joy in exploring new techniques, tools, and skills.
- You are an excellent communicator and understand how crucial it is for remote work.
- You believe in good file management and version control, and have experience working within shared file libraries.
Bonus points if:
- You already use and love YNAB.
- You have a working knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- You have experience working in Figma.
- You could write a bit of placeholder copy, no sweat.
- You love to draw and could illustrate in a predefined style in a pinch.
- You can communicate in English and Spanish.
How To Apply:
Click “apply” below to process your Job application!
Apply by 11:59PM PST on Sunday February 28, 2021. Firm. It’s a real deadline—the kind you love.
- Specific Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Junior Level
- Education Level Unspecified
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based)
- Closing Date March 19, 2021
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page