- Company Website: https://toggl.com/
- Remote Locations: Worldwide
- Job Type: Full Time
We are looking for a talented Legal & Compliance Officer who strives to design, develop and manage our processes so that we are compliant with legal regulations and relevant standards. This will ensure internal efficiency and fuel our growth by injecting trust into our customers and supporting the sales process by delivering the documentation needed to seal the deals.
The salary for this position is 52,000 annually.
*You can work from anywhere in the world.*
You will be reporting to the Head of Operations and while this role will be dynamic and hands-on at first, we expect you to be able to start improving our existing processes shortly after settling in.
About the Team
We are a global team of 100+ awesome people working from over 40 countries around the globe. We hire globally, you work locallyin the heart of London, a beach outside of So Paulo, or a quiet village near Florence, the choice is yours. Every few months we travel to meet up somewhere in the world and spend some quality time together. We place a huge amount of trust in our people, and we measure the outcomes rather than the work itself. Our values fuel our results.
- Develop relevant internal processes and compliance documentation so that they will enable our awesome sales team to close deals faster;
- Review, revise and complete relevant contracts, DPA’s, compliance questionnaires etc;
- Ensure we are compliant with GDPR, CCPA and other privacy related frameworks;
- Provide support and advice to the whole Toggl team in all matters falling into your domain;
- Train and educate staff so that they are informed of any legal changes and updates to compliance guidelines;
- Manage our intellectual property assets
- Coordinate cooperation with external service providers where necessary.
But it does not end here – just as Toggl is in constant change, so will be your role. One day you may be deep diving into GDPR or customer contracts, another you could be coming up with a strategic direction and tactical plan for Toggl’s compliance domain.
We are looking for someone with significant international experience in the legal & compliance domain.
In particular, we would love to hear from you if:
- You have a degree in Law and at least 3 years of relevant experience in the technology sector;
- You are tech savvy and look for ways to work smarter instead of harder;
- Your English communication, both written and verbal, is great and you like transparency, openness, and asking questions;
- You are great with stakeholder expectation management and planning your own work;
- You stick to promised deadlines. Where not possible, you actively work with involved parties to find a solution that satisfies both parties;
- You feel comfortable in working with business stakeholders at all levels of seniority to understand their needs towards legal and compliance matters;
- You have a good ability to distill complex analysis into accurate and easily understandable takeaways;
- You have strong instincts and judgment about the business-side implications of legal & compliance topics.
- 24 days of paid time off a year, plus your local holidays
- In-person meetups for team-building (expenses covered)
- 4-6 weeks paid sabbatical (depending on the tenure of the employee)
- Laptop and a 2,000 budget to set up your home office
- Reimbursement for co-working space membership or internet service at home
- 4,000 contribution for training, workshops, and conferences
- Health (physical and mental) budget of 2,000 per year
- Support for buying tools you need for doing your best work (even eyeglasses if you need a new pair)
How To Apply:
Click “Apply” to fill up on the application form!
- Specific Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer 52,000
- Experience Level Mid Level
- Education Level Bachelor's Degree
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Closing Date June 6, 2022
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page