Food Revolution Network
Company Website: https://foodrevolution.org/
Remote Locations: Worldwide
Job Type: Full Time
The Marketing Coordinator holds responsibility for a variety of tasks which include assisting in the development of marketing and social media campaigns; participating in the review and enhancement of FRN marketing tools; tracking, compiling, formatting, and reporting on marketing results; and assisting the Head of Marketing with a variety of projects and initiatives that advance FRN’s brand and mission.
Reports to: Head of Marketing
Our mission is healthy, ethical, and sustainable food for all.
Food Revolution Network is an online-based education and advocacy-driven organization committed to healthy, ethical and sustainable food for all. Guided by John and Ocean Robbins, we have more than 500,000 members and collaborate with many of the top food revolutionary leaders of our times. Food Revolution Network aims to empower individuals, build community, and transform food systems to support healthy people and a healthy planet. We prioritize an intentional contribution to the health and wellbeing of marginalized communities, exposing and challenging the impacts of the race and class divides, and supporting equity, opportunity and health for everyone.
You believe in the power of healthy, organic, fair trade, local, plant-strong food to change the world. You’re passionate about supporting the food revolution and movements for a more healthy, ethical, equitable, and sustainable world. You support our scientifically grounded, fact-driven and welcoming approach, which promotes a whole foods, plant-based approach and is inclusive of a broad range of eaters.
You’re values driven, highly motivated, self aware, ethical, emotionally intelligent, compassionate, socially conscious, constantly learning, and respectful of yourself and others. You’re reliable, dedicated, undaunted, persistent, friendly, and forthright. You admit your mistakes, clean up your messes, and learn from everything.
Our Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Food Revolution Network is a committed equal opportunity employer. FRN recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. At FRN, we aim to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people bring their skills, life experience, passion and creativity to create a whole that is greater than the sum of its parts. We are committed to healthy, ethical and sustainable food for ALL, and that requires a proactive dedication to advocating for equity, inclusion and opportunity including for those communities that have been most negatively impacted by our toxic food culture. We are committed to equality and believe in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other characteristics that enable each person to bring unique talents, insights and skills.
FRN is a fully remote team, with team members in multiple North American time zones. This position may be performed from anywhere, but we strongly prefer North America-compatible time zones, with a required availability from 9am – 3pm Pacific Time Monday through Thursday.
- $36,000 – $48,000 annually, depending on experience.
- Permanent full-time employees also receive paid time off, flexible time off for holidays, wellness time off, health, vision and dental insurance, opportunities for bonuses, and other benefits.
- Drive planning, development, publication, and promotion for all social media channels, ensuring social media efforts: are aligned with and help advance FRN’s mission and advocacy goals; increase overall reach for FRN; further FRN’s mission and brand identity; and help to develop a sense of connection to and identification with the FRN community among social media followers.
- Work closely with the Head of Marketing on a variety of marketing-related tasks; including taking an active role in shaping marketing strategy and implementation.
- Work productively and collaboratively with other teams and team members to ensure cross-functional initiatives are achieved.
- Use data and research tools to help inform and develop marketing initiatives.
- Manage social media campaigns and day-to-day activities; including online advocacy, writing content, creating visuals and graphics, community and outreach efforts, promotions, etc.
- Define, implement, and maintain social media publishing and engagement campaigns.
- Develop and write content, and create relevant graphics for publishing on social media.
- Develop a deep understanding of social media publishing tools.
- Respond to comments and questions on social media and other customer channels.
- Engage Community Team for comments and questions on social media, as necessary.
- Continually monitor and engage with FRN community members via social media.
- Report on social media post performance (engagement rate, shares, comments, etc.).
- Monitor and report on audience growth on social media channels.
- Coordinate with various teams, and specifically the Affiliate Manager for publishing promoted posts on social media.
- Create and implement launch-specific social media plans.
- Review and coordinate editing and new content and graphics creation for social media.
- Coordinate social media posting in conjunction with blog and other content updates.
- Propose innovative ideas and concepts for social media content.
- Mapping social media and community deliverables and component tasks.
- Building and executing social media strategy through research, benchmarking, messaging, and audience identification.
- Assist with marketing related graphic design and asset creation.
- Select images for blog and publications, and b-roll for videos.
- Review, suggest, implement, and test edits for various FRN marketing initiatives.
- Coordinate with FRN teams to assist in creating and maintaining the editorial calendar.
- Coordinate between various content, marketing, and support initiatives.
- Report on marketing efforts via data to gain insights and to help inform future efforts.
- Assist with other marketing department tasks as necessary.
- Assist with content and marketing imagery and footage searching and selection.
- Collaborate with other departments to manage company reputation, coordinate promotions, and increase reach.
- Assist with editing content, messages, and saved replies for various teams.
- Assist with creating, editing, and publishing browser notifications.
- Proofread, edit, fact check, and otherwise optimize content prior to publishing.
- Support the Community Team with comments or questions during launches.
- Monitor stats throughout launches and assist in creating clear and actionable reports.
- Use analytics reports to gain insight on traffic, demographics, and effectiveness.
- Maintain an ever-present awareness of internal and external forces that might impact the organization or the ability to perform at the highest level possible.
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Ability to compile advertising data into reports
- Ability to develop a deep understanding of various social media algorithms.
- Competency with various Adobe Creative Suite programs
- Strong basic math skills (ability to interface with results tracking and data analysis)
- Technical competency to various software programs
- Possess and demonstrate both intellectual and emotional intelligence
- High level of integrity, broad-minded and non-judgmental
- Appreciate and interact well with people from diverse backgrounds
- Willing to do “whatever it takes” to meet commitments and support team outcomes
- Non-defensive and willing to give and receive constructive feedback
- Internet marketing skills and awareness
- Ability to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work comfortably within Agorapulse for planning, publishing, monitoring, and responding to comments on social media platforms.
- Must be able to align with and effectively advocate for the mission and message of Food Revolution Network and our stand for healthy, ethical, and sustainable food for all.
- Reliable computer (Mac OS preferred)
- Reliable high-speed Internet connection
- A quiet, functional and stable work environment (home or home office okay)
- Comfortable working with a team via Slack
- Comfortable working with others via Zoom video conferencing
- Comfortable working within Jira for project and task management
- Expert-level proficiency with Google G Suite products, specifically Docs and Sheets
- (Required) Social media management experience.
- (Strongly Preferred) Background in health, specifically food/nutrition, bonus points for background/experience in whole foods plant-based nutrition, and for experience working in multicultural organizations and movements.
- (Preferred) 1+ years work experience in marketing or advertising.
- (Bonus) Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising or related equivalent work history.
- (Bonus) Facebook Ads and/or Google AdWords experience.
How To Apply:
Click “apply” below to process your Job application!
- Specific Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer $36,000 – $48,000 annually, depending on experience.
- Experience Level Junior Level
- Education Level Bachelor's Degree
- Working Hours from 9am – 3pm Pacific Time Monday through Thursday.
- Closing Date August 31, 2020
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page