Company Website: https://www.youthcollaboratory.org/
Remote Locations: United States
Job Type: Full Time
As a member of the Operations Team, the Operations Manager is responsible for improving operational systems, processes, and practices, supporting maintenance, using and troubleshooting Salesforce,and supporting the Operations Team.The Operations Manager is a full-time, exempt position supervised by the Director of Operations.
About Youth Collaboratory
Youth Collaboratory harnesses the power of the youth services community to innovate, evaluate, and drive effective strategies that assure the safety and well-being of youth and young adults, unlocking their limitless potential.
Our greatest strength lies in our ability to engage and retain a dynamic network of hundreds of organizations across all 50 states. Together, we are able to advance the work of communities in real-time, raise the level of conversation around key issues, increase cross-sector communication, drive national research, and increase support in three key focus areas:
- Coordinated community responses to youth and young adult homelessness
- Preventing and addressing relationship violence, sexual exploitation, and trafficking of youth
- Supporting opportunities for young people to build community with family, peers, and others to enhance their assets, explore their strengths, and develop lasting connections
We are known for providing high-quality, highly regarded training and consulting that successfully unearths local innovation and elevates effective practices. Through these targeted services, strategic national partnerships, and research-based program models, we operate across sectors to help youth-service providers focus on one goal: strengthening outcomes for youth and young adults.
In the last few years, our network has experienced significant growth – attracting innovators in practice, research, advocacy, and funding – and our core membership has grown by 250%. To make the kind of difference we want to make, we need to continue to build our capacity to educate and engage at a rapid and meaningful rate.
Improving Operational Systems, Processes, and Practices
The new Operations Manager will improve systems, processes, and practices toensureour virtual office’s smooth operation. ManageYouth Collaboratory’s mainphone line and email, ensuringa consistentand positivecustomer experience that reflects the organization’s personality—managing the office phone system, triaging calls, appropriately responding to or forwarding calls to theappropriateteammember. Monitoring multiple email addresses, triaging emails, and properly replying to or forwarding to the correct team member. Manage the consultant contracting process, includingconsistentlyevaluating and improving as needed to ensure effective operations. Work with the programand communicationteams,managingthe Learning Management System’s operational aspects, including uploadingdocuments and troubleshooting user issues.
Support Maintenance, Use, and Troubleshooting of Salesforce
Support the ongoing maintenance and use of our CRM platform, Salesforce,to maintain high-functioningback-endoperations, including providing Salesforce support for staffand regularly reviewing datafor deficiencies or errors,correctingany incompatibilities.
Provide Support to the Operations Team
Coordinate with the Director of Operations on Proposal Reviews and Membership tasks, including contract management, scheduling, member onboarding, member tracking, andvarious othertasks. Managethelogistics for full-team staff meetings and assistthe operationsteam with othermeetingpreparationas needed, includinglearning/development events, holiday parties,quarterly team outings, etc.
The ideal candidate will be first and foremost committed to Youth Collaboratory’s mission and the visionary evolution of its next level of impact. While no one person will embody all of the qualities enumerated below, the ideal candidate will possess many of the following professional and personal abilities, attributes and experiences:
- Connects with and believes in Youth Collaboratory’s mission.
- Aligns with and supports Youth Collaboratory’s Equity and Liberation commitment and our commitment to Authentic Youth Collaboration.
- A passion for the values and beliefs of youth development programming.
- Strong relationship-building and networking skills.
- An excellent communicator, oral and written.
- A creative thinker who can develop, communicate, and implement project plans.
- Ability to autonomously drive a personal work agenda while working cooperatively in a team environment.
- Knowledge of technical programs and the ability to learn new ones.
- Strong knowledge of Google and Microsoft applications.
- Strong knowledge of Salesforce.
- Minimum of two years of professional experience in an administrative role
- Proven success in building relationships and excellent customer-focused competencies
- Two years of event planning experience preferred.
- Experience with online meeting platforms, such as Zoom and Google Meet.
- Experience with customer-relationship management software, such as Salesforce.
- Expert proficiency in Google and Microsoft Applications and the ability to quickly learn new support software as needed.
- Experience booking hotel, airfare, and other travel arrangements is a plus.
At the Youth Collaboratory, we hire incredible people who do great work and encourage them to take a break when they need it! We offer a generous supply of leaves including three weeks of vacation, a vacation bonus that can only be used if you truly unplug, 14 paid holidays, and personal leave. We cover 90% of medical insurance and 100% of dental and vision employee-only premiums. Employees will also receive 100% employer-paid short-term disability, long-term disability, and basic life. Employees can also contribute to a tax-deferred Simple IRA.
Youth Collaboratory is currently engaging in a comprehensive internal pay equity assessment. The anticipated salary range for this role is $60k-$80k plus benefits and will be finalized in accordance with the internal pay equity analysis.
How To Apply:
Click “apply” below to process your Job application!
- Specific Job Location United States
- Salary Offer $60k-$80k plus
- Experience Level Junior Level
- Education Level Unspecified
- Working Hours to be arranged (Full time based)
- Closing Date May 6, 2021
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page