- Company Website: https://www.kin.com/
- Remote Locations: United States
- Job Type: Full Time
The world has changed. Why hasn’t insurance?
Kin’s mission is to reimagine home insurance For Every New Normal. While other insurers struggle to handle a fast-changing world, Kin is built for the future and is prepared to meet its challenges head on while helping our customers do the same.
Kin is proud to be one of BuiltIn Chicago’s 2021 and 2022 Best Mid Sized Companies to work for, and Forbes 2021 Best Startup Employers in North America. Simply put, our people are what make us great, and we need forward-thinking, inspired game-changers like you to join us in our mission.
So, what’s the role?
Kin is looking for a Paralegal to join our team! As a Paralegal, you will be responsible for supporting practices and processes to improve the day-to-day efficiency and effectiveness of the legal and compliance team. You will support and manage projects on a variety of subject matters, facilitate change, control costs, and help in our mission to decrease legal and compliance risk company-wide. Furthermore, you will have the chance to work with stakeholders at all levels of the company.
This is an exciting opportunity to help grow a new function within the Kin legal and compliance department and work on highly impactful projects. Kin’s small but mighty legal and compliance team embraces innovation and provides tactical, wide ranging legal and compliance services to the entire company.
This role requires a proactive mindset and someone who is a problem-solver at their core. We are looking for a self-starter who loves and understands technology, takes initiative to drive projects, and is not afraid to step outside of the comfort zone to tackle the task of the day.
- Coordinating all aspects of Kin’s contract administration, including:
- Assisting with developing and managing Kin’s contract template library and playbooks
- Reviewing, drafting, and negotiating contracts
- Managing contract filing/storage, approval, and signature processes using end-to-end contract management software
- Producing contract-related information and documentation when needed (e.g., reporting, projects, initiatives, etc.)
- Coordinating Kin’s corporate governance and regulatory compliance administration, including:
- Developing and managing systems, processes, and procedures for ensuring timely and accurate completion of corporate governance and regulatory compliance meetings, licenses, filings, and all related deliverables
- Assisting with the review of litigation expenses, review fee management and analytics while ensuring compliance with Kin’s litigation billing guidelines
- Assisting in coordinating all aspects of Kin’s data security and privacy law compliance efforts, including assisting with significant cross-departmental coordination and identifying, evaluating, implementing various vendors and technology platforms
- Working alongside your team to identify, improve, drive, and implement Legal and Compliance Department processes and workflows
- Focusing on efficiency, scale, automation, and operational excellence while assisting with legal technology procurement
- Bachelor’s degree in Paralegal Studies or related field strongly preferred
- 3 to 5 years of experience relevant to legal operations
- Understanding of legal language, principles, research methods, and court pleadings and processes
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to function well in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to perform legal research with Westlaw
- Experience with Westlaw, Legal Tracker, APCIA, LicenseLogix, or RegEd CODE
- Understanding of contract provisions, contracting issues and contracting processes
- Current or previous affiliation with professional organizations such as the Corporate Legal Operations Consortium (CLOC) or Project Management Institute (PMI)
- Experience working in or closely with an in-house legal team
- Worked within the Insurance space (P&C)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance (including 100% employer-paid plans)
- Flexible PTO policy
- Very generous equity options and 401K
- Parental Leave
- Continuing education and professional development
- Disability and Life Insurance
- The excitement of joining a high-growth Insurtech company and seeing your work make an impact
How To Apply:
Click “Apply” to fill up on the application form!
- Specific Job Location United States
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Mid Level
- Education Level Bachelor's Degree
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Closing Date June 11, 2022
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page