Company Website: https://www.retrium.com/
Remote Locations: United States
Job Type: Full Time
Remarks: Please apply if you live in and are authorized to work in the US. This is a full-time, salaried position on a fully distributed team.Please no recruiters or consulting firms.
$80k – $110k • 0.05% – 0.05%
Retrium is a seed-funded startup that helps teams improve their Agile processes by facilitating effective and engaging retrospective meetings. With over 100,000 retrospectives run on our platform, we’re the trusted leader in our market, and we’ve been helping teams continuously improve since 2014.
We’re also a small, cross-functional team of passionate and fun people. We have an outstanding leadership team and a dedication to company culture, so you’ll always feel connected to our mission, even though you can work from anywhere. We’re lucky enough to have an awesome product, great revenue growth, high customer satisfaction, low churn, and a recent round of seed investment. Now, we need someone to help us take our product to the next level!
The right candidate for the Product Designer position at Retrium is someone who has experience in a product-led organization, can translate complex customer problems into elegant solutions, understands best practices for user interface design, and likes to iterate based on research findings and feedback from customers and the team. If you’re a creative problem-solver and want to create a compelling experience for thousands of users, then come be a part of our growing team!
This role will be primarily responsible for the user interface and visual design of the Retrium web app. You’ll collaborate daily with a Senior Product Designer, including design pairing, to understand and define solutions to user and business problems. You’ll also collaborate closely with developers to ensure high-quality implementation that balances user needs and technical complexity. Retrium is a startup, so you’ll also participate in research, testing, and marketing, to help ensure a unified and coherent customer experience.
Communication and collaboration will be key in this role. As the second designer on the team, you will help grow the design process and culture at Retrium. This means you’ll need to understand the business context, customers, and technical constraints, and their impact on design, in addition to being a great designer.
You’ll participate in customer research, so that you can share concepts and get feedback from users. You’ll translate our product’s mission and these customer research insights into an engaging and simple interface for our retrospective platform. In this role, your goal will be to continuously improve the user experience of our application, so that customers can easily adopt, understand, and interact with our product.
Day-to-day, you’ll be responsible for creating mockups, user flows, sketches, wireframes, diagrams, and other design artifacts needed to guide the product development process. The ability to take ideas from low-fidelity outlines to high-fidelity designs using Figma, Miro or other relevant tooling, and to collaborate effectively with developers on implementation, is the bulk of this role.
Because our core values include “Default to Autonomy”, “Bias for Action”, and “Level Up”, you’ll need to be a self-starter who can brainstorm possibilities, execute tasks, and lead the implementation of features and changes to the product. If you want a job that’s integral to a company’s expansion and growth, where there’s opportunities to learn and make a real impact, then this role is for you!
More than anything else, we’re looking for a self-motivated person who is passionate about designing a great user experience within Retrium.
We believe that the following collection of experiences and abilities would make someone successful in this position. However, we encourage anyone with 5 or more years of professional experience as a Product Designer, UX Designer, or Front-End Engineer to apply.
- A portfolio of relevant design work that you’re proud to share that includes digital products, not just websites
- A history of successfully shipping products and collaborating cross-functionally with both software engineers and business stakeholders
- The passion and drive to learn about Retrium and our customers
- A growth mindset with an openness to feedback, learning, and experimentation
- Experience with Agile software development processes, from problem definition through to detailed UI and visual design
- Experience designing a B2B SaaS product is strongly preferred
- Experience in a distributed team and/or high-growth startup would be helpful
We provide amazing benefits, and if you ask the team, they’ll tell you that the greatest benefits we offer employees are the ability to make a meaningful contribution to the company and the opportunities to “Listen. Learn. Teach”, another core value.
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing, funded startup
- Health, dental, and vision insurance coverage for you and your family
- Unlimited and minimum vacation policy (we encourage you to ask us about this!)
- Flexible, sustainable work hours
- Work from home or a co-working office
- All the equipment you need to do your job
- Continuing education and learning opportunities
- Annual company retreats
How To Apply:
Click “Apply” below to process your Job application!
- Salary Offer $80k – $110k
- Experience Level Senior Level
- Education Level Unspecified
- Working Hours Flexible
- Closing Date May 27, 2020
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page