The Giving Block
Company Website: https://thegivingblock.com/
Remote Locations: Worldwide
Job Type: Full Time
The Giving Block makes it easy for nonprofits to accept cryptocurrency donations like bitcoin while also offering donors a more tax-efficient way to support their favorite causes. We are the market-leading provider and work with 1400+ nonprofits, including some of the largest like United Way Worldwide and American Cancer Society. We are raising millions of dollars worth of crypto per month and are growing quickly.
Our goal is to make accepting cryptocurrency donations just as easy as credit card donations. Join us in equipping millions of nonprofits around the world to accept cryptocurrency donations so they can unlock a new wave of funding. We’re bringing nonprofits to the forefront of technological innovation.
The Giving Block is part of Shift4 (NYSE: FOUR), the leader in commerce-enabling technology, powering billions of transactions annually for hundreds of thousands of businesses in virtually every industry.
Our development team is growing fast this year. At the same time we are in progress of building our QA team which will include both manual and test automation engineers. We are looking for an experienced QA manager and a brilliant leader to join us. In the scope of this role you will help us to set up a QA team, build transparent QA processes, bring and lead implementation of modern instruments and tools, and ensure excellent quality of our products. You will also work closely with project and product managers to understand our roadmap and priorities.
- Management of QA team (QA Automation Engineers and Manual QAs), implementation, control, and verification of their work.
- Work with Product Owners, Project Managers, and Stakeholders to identify testing needs, methods, and acceptance criteria.
- Participation in the processes of ensuring the quality of the product at the highest levels throughout its life cycle.
- Development and management of testing and bug reporting processes in the company.
- Organization of the code-review process in the testing team.
- Creation/review of test methods and plans.
- Hiring, onboarding, and mentoring of QA people.
- Determination of the rules for assigning priorities to defects.
- Develop test plans, scripts, and document test cases for new features.
- Definition and implementation of manual, automated, and load testing tools.
- Organize and lead initiatives to improve test processes, extend the use of tools/frameworks (where appropriate) for test automation and develop team members to improve efficiency.
- Preparation/review of testing reports of all kinds.
- Development of recommendations for improving the quality of the product.
- Post-release bug tracking.
- Use data to measure product and release quality and the effectiveness of changes that we make.
- Monitoring of all the QA activities, test results, leaked defects, root cause analysis and identifying areas of improvement. Implement steps required to improve the processes.
- 2+ years of recent experience as a QA lead/manager or relevant role
- 4+ years of experience as a hands-on QA Engineer and/or Software Developer
- Experience with both manual and automation testing environments
- Experience in hiring, leading, and managing QA Engineers
- Deep understanding of SQA methodologies and practices
- Great attention to detail and a results-driven approach
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
- Knowledge of modern approaches to software development, e.g. Agile methodologies, DevOps, CI/CD, and TDD.
- Excellent knowledge of Risk Management, Risk Identification and Risk-Based Testing.
- Experience in writing, preparing, and maintaining test plans, scripts & reports.
- Experience in production support (troubleshooting, bug fixing).
- Knowledge of SQL, Cypress, insomnia, Devtools, sentry, testrail
- Strong communication skills in English
We count as a plus
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL, cloud providers (AWS, Google Cloud), message queue (RabbitMQ, AWS SQS, Kafka), Docker
- Strong tech skills (Linux, shell scripting, etc.)
- Interest in blockchain, cryptocurrencies, and/or non-profits
- Experience of work with fully-remote and/or international teams
- Experience of work in startup environment
- Competitive compensation (salary, benefits, equity, etc.)
- Three weeks of paid vacation and 10+ company-wide holidays
- Flexible work location and hours (fully remote)
- Company issued laptop and equipment
- We work with agile methodologies without unnecessary bureaucracy
We’re building the future of giving. Join us in creating positive change through innovative technology!
How To Apply:
Click “Apply” to fill up on the application form!
- Specific Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer Competitive salary
- Experience Level Mid Level
- Education Level Unspecified
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Closing Date May 24, 2022
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page