Company Website: http://giantarmy.com/
Remote Locations: Worldwide
Job Type: Full Time
- Remote OK
Universe Sandbox is an educational space and gravity simulator masquerading as a video game with over 750,000 unit sales and an overwhelmingly positive 95% rating on Steam.
Giant Army is looking for a talented writer with a strong foundation in science, physics, and technology to help describe the awesomeness of the universe and the challenges of its simulation. As our Science Writer & Community Advocate, you will write engaging scientific content describing concepts and physical phenomena using Universe Sandbox, both for our blog and user support. You will be tasked with responding to community questions, providing customer support, and identifying and relaying user-reported issues to the team.
- You might be the perfect candidate if you’re some combination of a writer/journalist, a science enthusiast, and a techie/geek/gamer.
- This is a full-time, remote position working with a 100% remote team.
- Join us. We’re making something incredible that’s unlike anything else.
- Giant Army is a profitable company wholly owned by Universe Sandbox’s original creator. Our headquarters are in Seattle, Washington, USA, with team members across the United States, Germany, Denmark, and Australia.
- Team members enjoy a flexible, collaborative environment that values work-life balance. We are independently published and release updates on our own (relaxed) schedule.
- We pursue features that get us excited about science. We strive to create an accessible experience that can’t be found anywhere else.
- As a fully remote team since 2011, we rely on Google Workspace (Gmail, Calendar, Docs, Spreadsheets, Meet), Slack, Groove, GitHub, ZenHub, Unity, and WordPress.
- We believe science and video games are for everyone, regardless of identity, and we’re committed to making an inclusive workplace. We encourage anyone who shares our passion for space to apply.
- Universe Sandbox is available on Windows, Mac, Linux, and VR with mobile in development and future platforms planned. We’ve sold over 750,000 copies and have an Overwhelming Positive” rating on Steam with 95% positive user reviews.
- Universe Sandbox is a physics-based space simulator that allows you to create, destroy, and interact on an unimaginable scale. Experiment with gravity, climate, and collisions to reveal the beauty of our universe and the fragility of our planet.
- It’s more than a game; it’s a way of experiencing and learning about reality in a way that’s never been done before.
- Create content that excites people to learn about Universe Sandbox and science for our blog, in-game text and guides, and in responses to users
- Distill complex concepts about physics, astronomy, simulation, and game development into easily understandable writing
- Monitor and respond to all incoming communications (email, forum, discord, social media, and support inquiries)
- Act as a liaison between the community and Universe Sandbox team, highlighting community issues to the team as needed
- Take meaningful screenshots and video for use in release materials, blog posts, and social media
- Maintain familiarity with the Universe Sandbox experience
- Assist with administrative tasks as they come up (such as interactions with media and business partners)
- Help us improve our processes to optimize everyone’s time
- Most importantly, a talented and creative science writer
- Passion for science, astronomy, and education (and Oxford commas)
- Highly technical problem solver (perhaps a history of pirating software in your youth)
- Ability to see things from our user’s perspective
- Core availability Monday-Friday from 11 am – 3 pm PST
- Enjoys video games; experience with Steam
How To Apply:
Click “apply” below to process your Job application!
- Specific Job Location worldwide
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Entry Level
- Education Level Unspecified
- Working Hours M-F from 11 am – 3 pm PST
- Closing Date December 26, 2020
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page