Company Website: https://bionewsservices.com/
Remote Locations: Worldwide
Job Type: Contract
- Location: Worldwide
- Contract Allows Remote
- Application closes: Feb 1, 2021
BioNews is looking to grow our remote staff of freelance science writers to be part of our news team! We are seeking individuals with PhDs in the life or natural sciences to write accurate and detailed news articles about new research, drug development, and other topics related to chronic and rare diseases.
This role is open to freelancers worldwide who have strong written and oral English skills (American English preferred). Some experience writing for the general public is an advantage.
Please note, as a freelance position, pay is on a per-article basis, and we are seeking individuals who can commit to writing one (1) article per day, five (5) days per week, Monday to Friday.
BioNews Employee Value Proposition
Be part of a special organization whose passion and culture are all about its patients. Contribute to helping our patient communities have a better quality of life. Learn about healthcare. Learn about rare diseases. Learn about publishing. Learn about research. Grow personally and professionally through direct engagement in how we deliver our services. Bring your passion to advocate for those living with rare diseases. Help spread awareness about the daily challenges that most will never have to face. We “live our culture”. Join us and make a difference. Work remote in most circumstances. We are very proud of the fact that we employ actual rare disease patients who contribute to our business.
Who is BioNews www.bionews.com
BioNews Services is a leading online health, science, publication, and research company that exists for one purpose: to serve the patient living with a rare disease. We do this by connecting them with current, trusted, and relevant news and information. This content is delivered regularly and provided by actual patients as well as professional journalists, writers, editors, scientists, and experienced media executives. Our end customers are truly patients living with rare diseases.
Our Company Culture:
BioNews has a professionally led culture that is based on our foundation to support individuals affected by rare diseases. This means we operate as a professional organization that includes a real-life Vision, Mission, and Values. We treat our associates as professional individuals. In a professional environment, we understand and believe our actions are better when done professionally through processes that include communications, strategic planning, business planning, organization development, leadership development, learning and development, performance management, and other human resources processes. We practice consultative management and value collaboration and firmly believe that “none of us is as good as all of us.
Be the preeminent, leading-edge resource and provider of education and actionable information to help improve the health and quality of life for individuals affected by rare diseases.
Provide individuals affected by rare diseases access to highly engaged, interactive information and communities that help improve their health and quality of life.
- Write 500-700-word articles for BioNews websites, with an emphasis on accuracy, clarity, and ease of understanding, on a wide variety of topics related to chronic and rare diseases.
- Work with editors to ensure stories are accurate and thorough.
- Be alert to potential problems with an assignment or its scope (i.e., evidence that a therapy assigned is no longer in active development), and address those concerns to editors.
- Conduct background research as needed to flesh out topics and provide links to reputable sources for additional information.
- PhD in life or natural science disciplines (cell biology, neurology, molecular biology, microbiology, biomedical sciences, immunology, etc.); master’s degree in these disciplines may be considered with at least three years of prior professional medical writing experience; skilled in writing news articles based on clinical trials and peer-reviewed scientific studies.
- Excellent communication (written and oral English) and time-management skills.
- Prior writing experience and ability to read, understand, and interpret scientific studies.
- Ability to produce accurate and detailed content on deadline.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Detail-oriented, responsible, and reliable.
- Capable and driven to learn new skills or technologies, or upgrade existing skills, relevant to a health (medical) writer.
- Flexible and able to succeed in a self-directed, competitive, and changing work environment
- Experience working in digital media a strong plus.
- Prior experience conducting interviews with researchers or pharma executives and/or attending/reporting on medical conferences also a plus.
How To Apply:
Click “apply” below to process your Job application!
- Specific Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Mid Level
- Education Level Doctoral Degree
- Working Hours M-F
- Closing Date February 1, 2021
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page