- Company Website: https://secure.avaaz.org/page/en/
- Remote Locations: Americas
- Job Type: Full Time
Avaaz empowers millions of people, starting with its 70 million members, to take action on pressing issues, from corruption and poverty to conflict and climate change. Our model of citizens organising allows thousands of individual efforts, however small, to be rapidly combined into a powerful collective force.
The Avaaz community campaigns in 17 (soon 22!) languages, served by a core team on 6 continents and thousands of volunteers.
Avaaz has a team of Campaign Associates, Campaigners, Senior Campaigners, and Campaign Directors that supports the core advocacy work of the organisation.
In our team, Senior Campaigners are mostly responsible for helping set up strategies and implementing public campaigns on a range of urgent global issues.
As a Senior Campaigner based in the Americas, you would play a key role in developing and expanding your campaigning, advocacy, and management experience with a small, entrepreneurial team of organisers, while serving a large, rapidly-growing network of citizens from every country on earth. The techniques we use include internet mobilisation, public advertisements and media campaigns and private advocacy with decision-makers.
Starting date: As soon as possible, but will wait for strong candidates.
Deadline for Applications: 24th of June, 2022
Avaaz is a virtual organisation, with most of our work done over email, Gdocs, telephone, and Skype.
Our staff are based in cities all over the world. For this position, the candidate would preferably be based in the North or South American continents.
- Monitoring world events in specified areas and identifying opportunities for strong campaigns;
- Drafting compelling communications and advocacy materials;
- Consulting experts on campaigns and exploring potential partnerships with other organisations;
- Assisting campaign directors in organising campaign actions and logistics;
- Publishing and editing online content;
- Correspondence and consultation (e.g. polling) with members;
- Rewriting communications in other languages, depending on fluency;
- Having point responsibility/function on individual online campaigns; and
- Having point responsibility for non-campaign workstreams in our team plan.T
- This position will report to an Avaaz Campaign Director.
The following list of qualifications is what we believe gives you the experience required to work in our environment and deliver on the responsibilities listed above. You should apply for this role if you feel you have the necessary experience, even if you don’t meet all the requirements below:
- Passion and commitment to global justice, citizen empowerment, and social change
- Enthusiasm for a wide range of global issues, and a readiness to move swiftly between them, while being able to rapidly focus in on the details of each
- Understanding of civic advocacy and public campaigning
- Strong teamwork skills, comfortable in a highly collaborative team culture and a hierarchical team structure
– A growth mindset and a desire to challenge yourself
– High professionalism, self-motivation, efficiency and results-oriented delivery on short timelines
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing conditions and requirements
- Creativity, strategic thinking and campaign planning skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Tech savvy
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required, fluency in other languages is desirable
Salary varies with location and experience, and is highly competitive with leading international nongovernmental organizations. The full-package salary for this position ranges from € 51172 – € 85286 EURO equivalent. An accurate range in local currency will be provided to candidates considering local cost of living and experience.
The development of our employees is paramount. To support this, we include these benefits:
– 5 weeks paid vacation per year
– 10 paid holidays per year
– $3,000 USD for training and development per year
– $1,500 USD for language development per year
– Out-of-Home Workspace Rental
How To Apply:
Click “Apply” to fill up on the application form!
- Specific Job Location Americas
- Salary Offer € 51172 - € 85286
- Experience Level Senior Level
- Education Level Unspecified
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Closing Date June 24, 2022
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page