Company Website: https://www.float.com/
Remote Locations: Worldwide
Job Type: Full Time, Contract
You will work with our engineering team to provision, automate, and tune our microservice-based architecture. Your focus will be on reliable deployments, high availability, and scalability that allows our engineers to quickly and safely build features on our Kubernetes-based infrastructure (GKE on GCP).
Reporting to the CTO, this role builds, maintains and streamlines Float’s automated build and release pipelines within our GCP and Kubernetes infrastructure.
You’ll also be the point person for our internal data security policies and practices, maintaining and improving our data processing compliance standards, including GDPR and SOC 2.
We’re a 100% remote and global team. We encourage people of different backgrounds and perspectives to join our team and deliver their best work.
The salary range is US $110-140k. Compensation is benchmarked using 50th percentile San Francisco market salaries, with a cost-of-living index applied to your location. We assess your level during the interview process. If you are outside the US, you’ll be hired as a Contractor.
Applications close on Friday, 28th August
. We will be in touch with eligible candidates by Friday, 4th September with a view to secure a September start-date. For more information on our interview process and what it’s like to join our global team, visit our Float careers page.
Please use the application questions to help us get to know you and your relevant experience. Your answers are a key criteria for our assessment and any answers that are ignored will mean your application is automatically disqualified.
We appreciate the time and energy that goes into crafting a job application, unfortunately we are unable to provide individual feedback during the application stage due to the volume of applications we receive.
- Create, maintain, and iterate CI/CD pipelines and scripts
- Ensure site reliability through actionable monitoring, alerting, and escalation procedures
- Support and evolve internal DevOps best practices
- Troubleshoot and resolve infrastructure issues/outages
- Contribute to the design and implementation of Float features via infrastructure support
- Proven track record as a DevOps Engineer or SysAdmin working with Kubernetes and Docker in a production environment
- DevOps engineering experience working with GCP cloud architecture products (GKE, Google Serverless, CloudSQL, etc.) in production
- Solid experience with CI/CD tools (CircleCI, Jenkins, Travis, Spinnaker, CodeFresh, etc.) and pipeline-based build processes
- Deep understanding of network, application, and infrastructure security including DNS, networking, TCP/IP, SSL, and firewall/VPN concepts
- Experience deploying and supporting distributed microservices-based containerized architecture
- Proficient, hands-on scripting experience in Bash, Python, Go, etc.
- Ability to leverage application and system metrics, log events, and wire data to analyze performance
- Production experience with at least one configuration management framework (Terraform preferred)
- Strong Linux fundamentals
- Understanding and experience with one or more logging and monitoring tools (Pagerduty, Datadog, Appdynamics, Sumologic, VividCortex, ELK, etc.)
- Knowledge of NGINX, RabbitMQ, and Redis
- Experience with Helm
You will be a strong communicator and collaborator, with experience working remotely and/or across time zones. Due to the specific requirements of the role, we’re looking for someone with at least two hours cross-over with Eastern Standard Time (EST).
Bonus points for experience with
- Logging and log analysis systems (ELK, Stackdriver, Splunk)
- Experience with Linux system administration
- Automated application testing (API, consumer contracts, Selenium, etc.)
- Load testing
- User management on cloud platform (IAM administration)
- Domain management/Let’s Encrypt
- Experience with one or more compliance certifications including SOC 2, or equivalent
💼 Co-working expense budget: A budget for when you’d like to work out of home.
🏖 Work where you want: As long as you have great internet speeds, be wherever you want to be.
🏰 Annual team meetup: We get together as a full team every year, the last two were in Athens and Lisbon. We will continue this tradition when the time is right.
⚕Medical, dental & vision: In the US, we pay 50% of your coverage, including partners and children.
🖥 Home Office Expense Budget: We help you kickstart or upgrade your home office setup.
💰Team Liquidity Pool: Rewarding our team if there’s ever an exit
How To Apply:
Click “apply” below to process your Job application!
Specific Job Location
Mid Level, Senior Level
at least two hours cross-over with Eastern Standard Time (EST).
August 28, 2020
Job Application Via
Custom Application Page