- Company Website: https://chain.link/
- Remote Locations: Worldwide
- Job Type: Full Time
On our legal team, you will have a hands-on opportunity to shape the future of Chainlink, one of the most exciting projects in the blockchain space. We are looking for a highly motivated, entrepreneurial and experienced attorney to serve as Senior Legal Counsel to take on the challenge of a fast-growing and evolving industry. You will be working closely with our General Counsel and business teams, and helping to build a world-class legal department. As a key contributor, you will work on some of the most exciting legal and business issues in blockchain today.
At Chainlink Labs, we’re committed to the key operating principles of ownership, focus, and open dialogue. We practice complete ownership, where everyone goes the extra mile to own outcomes into success. We understand that unflinching focus is a superpower and is how we channel our activity into technological achievements for the benefit of our entire ecosystem. We embrace open dialogue and critical feedback to arrive at an accurate and truthful picture of reality that promotes both personal and organizational growth.
About Chainlink Labs
Chainlink is the industry standard oracle network for connecting smart contracts to the real world. With Chainlink, developers can build hybrid smart contracts that combine on-chain code with an extensive collection of secure off-chain services powered by Decentralized Oracle Networks. Managed by a global, decentralized community of hundreds of thousands of people, Chainlink is introducing a fairer model for contracts. Its network currently secures billions of dollars in value for smart contracts across the decentralized finance (DeFi), insurance, and gaming ecosystems, among others. The full vision of the Chainlink Network can be found in the Chainlink 2.0 whitepaper. Chainlink is trusted by hundreds of organizationsfrom global enterprises to projects at the forefront of the blockchain economyto deliver definitive truth via secure, reliable data.
This role is location agnostic anywhere in the world, but we ask that you overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST).
We are a fully distributed team and have the tools and benefits to support you in your remote work environment.
Chainlink Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Be on the front lines of developing strategies for evaluating complex risk in business-centric ways
- Build scalable processes that allow the business flexibility and freedom to move quickly
- Ensure compliance with applicable U.S. and international laws and regulations, in close collaboration with colleagues in finance and operations
- Be a business partner, not just an attorney, to industry-leading experts
- Continuously research and master the latest legal frameworks from regulatory bodies across the globe
- Advise a wide range of business teams on a variety of complex legal topics
- Prior experience with, detailed knowledge of, and a passion for blockchain technology a must
- 4+ years of legal experience with at ideally 1 year of in-house experience in the blockchain space or in the blockchain group at a major firm
- Ability to present complex compliance and regulatory issues in a clear and concise manner and provide succinct, practical and results-oriented legal advice
- Excellent problem solving skills, judgment, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet tight deadlines and act decisively
- Ability to take ownership of projects and concisely turn legal analysis into action
- Familiarity with legal regimes impacting the decentralized finance industry and experience with open-source software licensing a plus
- Experience with contract negotiating and drafting a plus
- Current Bar admission
How To Apply:
Click “Apply” to fill up on the application form!
- Specific Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Mid Level, Senior Level
- Education Level Unspecified
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Closing Date July 2, 2022
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page