- Company Website: https://companycam.com/
- Remote Locations: United States, Canada
- Job Type: Full Time
Hi, we’re CompanyCam.
We create simple-to-use, visual-first communication and accountability tools for contractors. Imagine a B2B SaaS (business-to-business software-as-a-service) app that doesn’t look like garbage, built by a team of capable, laid-back people.
But don’t let the chill throw you off; we’re a fast-growing, product-led startup with big plans for the future.
Working At CompanyCam
Our engineering team is remote-first, spanning every time zone in the United States. We welcome people from all backgrounds and really don’t care whether or not you have a CS degree or even a high school diploma. All that matters is that you’re not an a**hole and you’re good at what you do.
Our Product and Engineering departments also do things a little differently than what you might be used to.
We use a customized version of Basecamp’s Shape Up method (fused with empowered product teams a la Marty Cagan’s Inspired) to organize and execute our work. That means you’ll work in a close-knit team consisting of a product manager, a product designer, and other engineers on an area of the product in 3-week cycles.
During cycles you’ll spend most of your time implementing product improvements, but you’ll also work with your team shaping (generating and vetting) product improvements for next cycle. After each cycle your team will stop, reset, and decide to tackle another cycle or take a 1-3 week cool-down (a period of undirected work where you’ll pursue educational opportunities, work on pet projects, or smash some bugs that have been nagging at you). Rinse and repeat until code nirvana.
Wait, I think that cool-down thing deserves an extra call out: We build into our process 25% of an engineer’s time for undirected work.
Sounds nice, right? No sprinting, no scrumming, no death by 1,000 meetings. We protect our engineers’ time, treat them like adults, and trust them to get their work done. We’re also big on not overworking people. Put in your eight hours of focused, quality work and then TURN. SLACK. OFF. No nights and weekends.
Our larger company culture is also refreshingly chill. We have fun, learn from each other, and don’t take ourselves too seriously.
We cover the important stuff too. We pay well, offer unlimited vacation, meaningful equity, health insurance, and other benefits.
And if I may (uncomfortably) toot our own horn for a second: our devs love working here! In this hyper-competitive software development job market, guess how many of our developers have chosen to leave in the last 2 years. Seriously, guess. Ready? …One!
We’re looking for a sharp, self-motivated, problem-solving Senior Mobile Developer to join our engineering team.
As a Senior Mobile Developer, you’ll work alongside other engineers, designers, and product managers to tackle everything from huge company initiatives to modest but important bug fixes, from start to finish. You’ll also collaborate with your product team on discovery, helping to assess the direction and feasibility of product changes.
Most importantly, you’ll actively contribute to the evolution of the culture and processes of a growing engineering team, especially our client engineering discipline (this is what we call the devs who work in React and React Native). We want want senior devs with opinions on patterns, code organization, and processes to help make sure our codebases scale healthily, and an interest in mentoring to help make sure our devs do too.
These are our non-negotiables:
- Show up: give us your best and have the courage to do difficult but necessary stuff.
- Grow up: take responsibility, learn continuously, and have a growth mindset.
- Do good: treat your co-workers and customers the way you want to be treated.
- Strong experience with and knowledge of React Native or native iOS or Android experience paired with some React experience.
- 5 or more years of experience working as a professional mobile developer. (Not all years of experience are created equal, so this one isn’t set in stone, but for the sake of transparency, we’ve yet to come across someone with less than 5 years of experience that we would consider a senior developer.).
- Reside permanently and currently somewhere in the U.S or Canada. Alas, we’re not set up to hire outside of the U.S and Canada.
Day to day, you’ll spend 90%+ of your time working in React Native, but, of course, that’s not all you’ll work with. While experience with the following technologies are not required (we’re cool with some on-the-job learning), you will see them with varying levels of frequency:
- React (often)
- GraphQL & REST (often)
- Apollo & Redux (often)
- Android Studio & Xcode (mainly to run the mobile app)
- Java & Objective-C (approaching rarely, but we do have some native modules)
- Ruby on Rails (just a touch)
We are not accepting applicants outside the U.S. and Canada at this time.
How To Apply:
Click “Apply” to fill up on the application form!
- Specific Job Location Canada, United States
- Salary Offer $150,000 — $170,000/year
- Experience Level Senior Level
- Education Level Unspecified
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Closing Date June 9, 2022
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page