Company Website: https://xwp.co/
Remote Locations: Worldwide
Job Type: Full Time
Join our remote, distributed team and bring world-class product design to our exceptional software engineering work with top publishers like Heavy.com and tech companies like Google. Enjoy a collaborative and supportive work environment, schedule flexibility and trust, and the chance to play an important role in helping XWP create exceptional products and customer experiences.
The Senior Product Designer is responsible for designing the interactions and interfaces people use to engage with the products we build, helping both users and our customers achieve their objectives and have a delightful experience. In practice this means working with our customers and engineering teams to understand and define the problem, users, and context, and to design a solution iteratively and collaboratively from concept to prototype to high fidelity, engineering-ready designs and design requirements.
Areas Of Focus
- Visual design of interaction and interface concepts and prototypes
- User testing and validation
- Visual design of high fidelity, engineering-ready designs
- Have you been an active participant in and valuable contributor to the discovery and planning process with clients and the engineering teams?
- Have your design efforts met the needs of the project timelines?
- Have you communicated proactively with the team and client, including as any changes in timeline or direction arose?
- Have you taken responsibility for any mistakes that you may have made and worked with the team to resolve them?
- Have your contributions built trust with your teammates and clients?
- Are you continually working on ways to improve your skill set as a designer?
- Do you treat others with respect and lead by example?
This is a mid to senior-level role, with a typical pay range of USD $50 to $75 per hour for contractors or a salary for employees of $90,000 to $120,000 with benefits, depending on proven experience level and engagement terms.
- Trust and support from your colleagues (we look out for each other as we work towards a shared purpose)
- The rewards of a highly collaborative culture (we’re a team, not a working group)
- The joys of remote work: schedule flexibility, skip the commute, more time for family and interests outside of work
- The chance to play an important part in helping XWP achieve its full potential and make a meaningful difference for our clients, team members and the WordPress community
- Participate in the discovery process to understand the problem, users and their objectives, customer and their objectives
- Ideate with the Product Owner and Project Architect to identify possible solutions
- Create artifacts (questions, visual concepts and prototypes) to aid in user testing and customer validation
- Iterate on ideas to arrive at a solution (interaction and visual design) with team and customer buy-in
- Create high fidelity designs and design guidance for the engineering team to implement the interactions and interface
- Support the engineering team as needed through implementation
- Advocate and design for accessibility
- Follow Agile methodologies
- Estimate effort to complete planned design work
- Support the development and improvement of design processes and best practices
- Participate in our design community and help grow our design expertise
- Be a supportive team member and leader
- Be candid and respectful
- Maintain a growth mindset
- Servant-leadership approach to team members and clients
- Proven (3+ years) experience leading the product design process
- Strong proficiency designing with collaborative tools (e.g. Figma)
- Deep experience creating visual concepts and testing them with users
- Deep experience creating engineering-ready visual designs for web and mobile
- Experience with agile methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, Lean UX)
- Proven effectiveness engaging with remote, distributed teams
- Experience designing themes and editorial workflows for WordPress
- Experience working with major technology companies and publishers
- Experience collaborating on projects in Github and Atlassian’s Jira
- Interest in participating in and passion for giving back to the WordPress community
- Highly organized, motivated, and execution-oriented
- Self-starter comfortable working in a highly technical environment
- Demonstrated ability for continuous learning, creativity, and problem solving
- A bias for clarity and alignment, proactively reaching out to teammates and/or clients to address uncertainties and realign as needed.
- Ability to work effectively and dependably in a remote position
How To Apply:
Click “apply” below to process your Job application!
- Specific Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer USD $50 to $75 per hour for contractors, or salary of $90,000 to $120,000
- Experience Level Mid Level
- Education Level Unspecified
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based)
- Closing Date December 21, 2020
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page