Company Website: https://xwp.co/
Remote Locations: Worldwide
Job Type: Full Time
Join us as we work together to solve some of the most interesting and challenging engineering problems in the WordPress space through our partnerships with major publishers and technology companies.
- Understanding the business, market, and user needs for the product
- Performing manual and automated testing (including cross-browser and cross-device testing)
- Documenting defects and retesting to ensure resolution
- Active communication with the engineering team, and potentially the client
- Are items that are passed to QA, tested in a timely manner (expectation is 1-2 business days from being ready, unless otherwise agreed upon deviation)?
- Is the quality of the finished product/project in keeping with XWP’s standards?
- Did the development team have the details needed to address reported bugs in a timely manner?
- Does the client and team view the Quality Analyst as a team player?
At XWP, you will become part of a much bigger community from the X-Company brands, which is hundreds strong, and includes XWP, X-Team, and XFive.
One of the ultimate perks of working at XWP is your Unleash+ membership, which gives you $2,500 per year to use toward activities that keep you energized so you can learn, grow and unleash your potential.
- Manual and automated testing of websites and applications:
- End to end
- Utilize Browserstack and/or your own device lab to effectively test
- Work closely with teammates and clients
- Take initiative to test beyond what is in the acceptance criteria
- Effectively manage a workload of 2-4 projects simultaneously
- Take ownership of ensuring work is as defect-free as possible
- Use a ticket management system and adhere to bug reporting best practices
- Set up automated end to end testing
- Comfort with fast-paced Agile/Scrum environments
- Significant quality assurance testing experience at the enterprise level
- Proven effectiveness collaborating with distributed teams
- Significant experience setting up cross-browser & cross-device testing, including accessibility testing
- Proven track record helping deliver quality products and projects
- Service-oriented attitude towards team members and clients alike
- Experience in implementing automated visual and end to end testing
- Experience supporting projects in JIRA and Github
- Experience working on high-scale WordPress installs and platforms like WordPress.com VIP
- An understanding of the WordPress community and recent developments in WordPress
- Interest in participating in and passion for giving back to the WordPress community
- Background as a developer/software engineer
- Highly organized, motivated, and execution-oriented
- Self-starter comfortable working in a highly technical environment
- Demonstrated ability for continuous learning, creativity, and problem-solving
- Ability to work effectively and dependably in remote environments
- Confidence effectively presenting well-reasoned options to decision-makers
- Ability to make a strong case while listening and remaining open to other perspectives
How To Apply:
Click “apply” below to process you Job application!
- Specific Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer USD $45 to $60 Hourly: Contractors / $75,000 to $100,000 Employees
- Experience Level Senior Level
- Education Level Unspecified
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Closing Date September 12, 2020
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page