Company Website: https://www.toptal.com/
Remote Locations: Europe Middle East, Africa,
Job Type: Full Time
Ruby on Rails powers a lot of our infrastructure, and we’re always looking for hardworking Ruby developers’ support us in reaching the next level.
By joining our team, there is the opportunity to work on many of our various Ruby projects with a team of highly skilled Ruby experts from around the world. At Toptal, we push the boundaries on what’s possible with Ruby every single day. Do you want to help push us further? Then, please apply!
The bulk of the work we do daily is pure back-end development, but occasionally some new UI has to be wired up, so some front-end skills certainly won’t hurt. We don’t cut corners or make compromises—we build beautifully designed web apps that are polished, fast, well-tested, and a joy to use.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
Location: GMT-3 to GMT+3
- Write elegant, efficient, and testable Ruby code which is easy to maintain and debug.
- Cover code with tests and perform manual testing of features.
- Review the work of colleagues.
- As a phenomenal teammate, continuously improve our team’s processes, brainstorm ideas, and communicate status and progress.
- Mentor other people, provide expert feedback, and continuously improve as a professional.
In the first week you will:
- Meet mentors that will help you during the onboarding month.
- Set up your dev environment.
- Shadow in a talent recruitment call to see the essence of Toptal business model.
In the first month you will:
- Develop your first tasks and have them deployed to production.
- Learn about the technology that powers Toptal – services, patterns and libraries we use and develop.
- Get general knowledge of Toptal business.
In the first three months you will:
- Deliver value in regular cadence.
- Get comfortable in your daily work within your team
- Review code written by your colleagues.
In the first six months you will:
- Contribute to planning and executing multi-sprint initiatives inside your team.
In the first year you will:
- Meet your team in person during off-site.
- Give and receive 360 feedback in a yearly review cycle
- Have 5+ years of web development experience.
- Have a proven grasp of object-oriented programming, automated software testing, databases, development, and testing essential methodologies.
- Consider multiple quality dimensions like user impact, failure tolerance, code maintenance, implementation time, security breaches, and performance.
- Have experience developing with a web framework—with Ruby on Rails is a plus.
- Be genuinely interested in technology and love to try new things.
- Tackle complex problems but also consider multiple solutions, weigh them in, and decide on the best course of action.
- Grow with providing and receiving transparent but always constructive feedback.
How To Apply:
Click “Apply” below to process your Job application!
- Specific Job Location GMT-3 to GMT+3
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Senior Level
- Education Level Bachelor's Degree
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Closing Date August 3, 2020
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page