Company Website: https://remoteok.com/wavelo
Remote Locations: Worldwide
Job Type: Full Time
Wavelo is a new software business on a mission to make telecom a breeze.
We provide flexible software that modernizes how communication service providers (CSPs) do business, helping them drive more value, focus on customer experience, and scale their operations faster.
As part of Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) —a global leader in internet services and SaaS platforms— Wavelo is backed by outstanding resources and talent. We embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and flexibility. We believe that whatever works for our employees is what works best for us.
The work we do genuinely changes lives. If this sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you!
About the opportunity:
We are inviting experienced Software engineers to join our team that builds and maintains a variety of services to support our mobile and internet platforms.
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Wavelo and Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing the digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Learn more about Tucows, our culture and employee benefits on our site here.
- Provide level of effort estimates for delivering features and meet commitments.
- Develop systems using an event driven architecture (Kafka based).
- Establish & encourage healthy team norms
- Participate in code reviews that encourage best practices
- Mentor team members to be as awesome as you
- Build, launch, and support scalable, reliable distributed applications and resilient microservices.
- Write highly observable systems using any of Prometheus, Grafana, Datadog, New Relic etc.
- Implement Infrastructure as Code using technologies such as Terraform, Nomad, and/or Docker.
- Learn, grow, and have fun!
- Have software engineering experience and a consistent record of writing elegant, maintainable, self-documenting code in Python, Node/TypeScript, Ruby or Go.
- Have 5-7+ years of software engineering experience.
- Have experience in making high impact contributions to teams that can routinely ship value.
- Have experience owning the full lifecycle of the features that you ship.
- Have experience helping out with devops / infrastructure as code to ensure your features succeed in production.
- Familiar with microservice architecture and design patterns.
- Know, and can demonstrate, the value of agile processes, continuous integration, and continuous delivery.
- Enjoy sharing your knowledge with people you work with.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Love to collaborate, are a great teammate, an excellent listener, and are fun to work with.
- Experience with event driven architecture (Using Kafka).
- Work in greenfield software development.
- Solve problems at scale for millions of people.
- Work with powerful technologies.
- Work with and learn from some of the most thoughtful minds in the industry.
How To Apply:
Click “Apply” to fill up on the application form!
- Specific Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer $110,000 — $140,000/year
- Experience Level Senior Level
- Education Level Unspecified
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Closing Date May 23, 2022
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page