Company Website: https://careers.hotjar.com/
Remote Locations: EMEA
Job Type: Full Time
Note: Although this is a remote position, we are only looking for candidates in European / African timezones between UTC-1 and UTC+3.
At Hotjar, we’re building Behavior Analytics software for businesses selling online. We make it easy for them to go beyond traditional web analytics and understand what users are really doing on their site. As part of our Engineering team, you’ll work on the exciting challenges that come with large-scale web traffic and analytics.
We work in an agile and highly collaborative environment, 100% remotely, and challenge the norms of traditional business leadership. Our focus is on true transparency and respect.
We’re looking for enthusiastic and resourceful software engineers who are passionate about building great products, someone who loves being part of a team, whilst enjoying the autonomous nature of working remotely.
The budgeted compensation range for this role is €55,000 to €75,000 annually. Ranges are based on market research and are equitable to other roles within Hotjar. The actual compensation offered will be based on relative experience and skills. At this time we are only able to provide official employment status to those located in Malta, the UK and Germany. All other team members will join as full-time consultants and will be responsible for paying any taxes or applicable fees where they reside.
- You’ll work as part of an agile, cross functional team with other frontend engineers, backend engineers, and product designers.
- You will create production grade Python code and will implement solutions designed to handle incredibly high levels of traffic.
- Participate in building and owning new microservices that power our product.
- Build and take full ownership of components of the Hotjar Platform, in addition to building and maintaining dashboards monitoring essential application and business metrics.
- Mentor other team members through pair programming, code reviews, and ad-hoc assistance.
- Collaborate with engineers across the department to identify and build on improvements to our processes and systems, whilst having involvement in technical decision making.
- 3+ years background in benchmarking, optimizing, scaling, and taking care of high levels of traffic.
- Experience using Python and PostgreSQL.
- Familiarity with automated testing frameworks such as Selenium.
- Familiarity with distributed revision control systems such as Mercurial or Git.
- Fluent in English with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, following Hotjar’s company values, culture and ways of working.
- Will submit to a background check, confidentially processed by our third-party.
- A remote and accomplished diverse and international team.
- An opportunity to positively impact people’s experience online and make the web a better place.
- Annual learning and development budget.
- Several perks designed for your well-being and a healthy work-life balance. (Holiday Budget, Wellbeing Allowance, Working Together Budget, 16 weeks paid parental leave, and much more).
How To Apply:
Click “Apply” below to process your Job application!
- Specific Job Location Europe, Middle East, Africa
- Salary Offer €55,000 to €75,000
- Experience Level Mid Level
- Education Level Bachelor's Degree
- Working Hours to be arranged(full time based) UTC-1 and UTC+3.
- Closing Date August 3, 2020
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page