Company Website: https://circleci.com/
Remote Locations: Worldwide
Job Type: Full Time
CircleCI is looking for a full-stack engineer to help us build the exciting next generation of our Insights product. With Insights, we’re leveraging the wealth of data CircleCI has to offer – through data aggregation services, APIs, and UIs – to help customers make better engineering decisions. As a member of our Insights Engineering team, you will work with product, design, and your engineering teammates to build, test, and rapidly iterate on a product that will make a huge impact in how CircleCI’s customers build the next generation of software.
About the Team
The Insights team is small but mighty, and looking to grow. We’re working on a greenfield product that provides our customers an avenue to track success/failure rates, throughput, and mean time to recovery, as well as duration metrics, credit burn and more for all of their jobs, workflows, and pipelines. The Insights service truly spans the full stack from a front-end micro-application through to our event-driven back-end service, supported by RabbitMQ queues.
CircleCI is a distributed team. For this role we are hiring engineers to work remotely in Ireland and through our affiliate, Continuous Labs, in the following Canadian territories: Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Prince Edward Island and Saskatchewan.
CircleCI Engineering Competency Matrix
This role equals level E2 – Software Engineer – on our Engineering Competency Matrix, our internal career growth system for engineers. These are the minimum expectation for this position, but we are always willing to discuss bringing people on at more senior positions when appropriate. Find more about the matrix in this blog post.
- Contribute to the development of new features in our Insights product and help simplify and scale our systems while we rapidly grow and evolve across backend services, APIs, and UIs.
- Collaborate with product management and designers helping to brainstorm on new features and working closely with your engineering teammates on building those features
- Write plenty of sustainable, testable, high-quality code.
- Learn about and participate in a culture of observability and monitoring: using operational data to help the team improve our systems’ stability and performance.
We’re looking for someone who enjoys collaboration, is curious and interested in learning, brings strong communication and teamwork skills, and participates in a highly collaborative culture by sharing their expertise and encouraging best practices. If this sounds like you, here’s the additional experience we’re looking for:
- Experience writing and deploying web application code anywhere within the technology stack (we use React, Typescript, GraphQL and Clojure, but it’s ok if you have not used them yet).
- You write code that’s easily readable, testable, and maintainable.
- Demonstrable experience building applications and services – ideally with some professional experience across the entire web application stack.
- You’re excited by working within a small, rapidly-growing team: adjusting to changing priorities, quickly learning new skills, and growing through collaboration.
- Experience in the day-to-day practices of continuous delivery and agile development.
- We value transparency and collaboration across distributed teams.
- We favor regular, incremental delivery of value over perfection.
- We encourage continuous learning and improvement for teams and team members
How To Apply:
Click “apply” below to process your Job application!
- Specific Job Location Boston • Denver • Japan • San Francisco • London • Toronto •Everywhere
- Salary Offer $100k – $150k
- Experience Level Junior Level
- Education Level Bachelor's Degree
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Closing Date August 23, 2020
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page