- Company Website: https://getcerebral.com/
- Remote Locations: United States
- Job Type: Full Time
At Cerebral, we’re on a mission to improve access to long-term, high-quality mental health care for all. We believe that everyone everywhere deserves to get the care they need. And how are we doing this? By making care convenient and accessible and tackling the stigma that surrounds mental illness.
Since launching in January 2020, we have gone from a team of 5 to over 3,000 team members across the United States and in the United Kingdom working hand-in-hand to transform access to high-quality mental health care at scale. Our team will not stop building, growing, and iterating until everyone, everywhere can access high-quality mental health care without the high cost, long wait times, and stigma. Simone Biles, world champion gymnast, and mental health advocate joined Cerebral as our Chief Impact Officer to help further our mission.
We are the fastest mental health company ever to achieve unicorn status, having raised over $462 million and achieving a valuation of $4.8 billion in under two years. Cerebral’s investors include SoftBank Venture Fund 2, Silver Lake, Access Industries, Bill Ackman, Chris Burch, WestCap, and Oak HC/FT.
It is just the beginning for Cerebral, and we need your help as we transform access to high-quality mental health care in the United States and beyond.
Who we are (our company values):
- Results and data-driven – we strive to reach our goals by making data-led decisions and focusing on measurable result
- Take ownership – we hold ourselves accountable to our goals and deliver on our commitments, which fosters trust within our team
- High velocity – we seek to roll out new initiatives, products, and conditions quickly so that we can see real data-driven results and iterate accordingly
- Empathy – we expect team members to demonstrate the same level of compassion for one another as we show for our clients
- Drive mission-driven experimentation – we iteratively experiment with new ideas, products, and services to help serve our clients and advance our mission
- Provide deep, hands-on leadership – our leaders believe that no task is beneath them, and stay connected to the details of their business and operations
- Delivery of full stack functionality on our Core Product connecting patients to clinicians
- Identify and lead technical initiatives to build clean, robust, and performant systems for Cerebral’s most critical and important healthcare data
- Lead a culture change initiative breaking down a monolith code base into microservices
- Contribute to the design of software architecture and development of new features
- Mentor and oversee software engineers from diverse backgrounds to nurture a culture of ownership, learning, automation, re-use, and engineering efficiency through the use of of software design patterns and industry best practices
- Support what is built, including monitoring, performance tuning, and responding to incidents
- Contribute to the delivery of OKRs, work with the product team to define KPIs and meet SLAs
Our tech stack:
- Language: Ruby, Rails, Typescript, Node.js, Reactjs, React Native
- Systems: AWS, Postgres, Github Actions
- Experience being on an mid sized engineering squad (8 people) to deliver consumer or business facing features in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to determine and implement patterns to increase developer productivity in our monolith
- Ability to identify strengths and weaknesses of individuals in order to maximize team effectiveness; provide guidance to individuals when needed for coaching or mentoring
- Effectively communicate between teams and within teams in order to drive alignment and increase effectiveness on delivery
- Proven ability to switch domains and tech stacks then add value on Day 1
- Mentor engineers with varying skill levels and experiences
How your skills and passion will come to life at Cerebral:
- Passionate about adding value that changes people’s lives
- Quickly make low-level decisions while being patient and methodical with high-level ones.
- Command the room amongst the smartest and diverse set of individuals
- Curious, love to learn and to dig into new technologies and can pick them up quickly
- Demonstrate strong technical architecture and platform engineering skills along with the ability to switch between technology paradigms.
- Adept at prioritizing value and shipping complex products requiring coordination across multiple teams
- Love working with some of the best world-class engineers, product managers, and architects.
- Strive to excel, innovate and take pride in your work
- Work well with other leaders
- Remote-first model:
- Work virtually from anywhere in the US
- Competitive compensation & benefits:
- Total compensation includes equity/stock options offered to all employees
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and 401k provided to all employees
- Unlimited PTO – we encourage taking the time you need to relax and recharge
- Impact & brand recognition:
- Shape the future of the #1 largest and fastest growing online mental health care company in the world
- Build a platform that is improving the lives and well-being of hundreds of thousands of people (and counting)
- Join a community of high achievers who have a passion for promoting mental health, including our Chief Impact Officer, Simone Biles!
- Path to develop & grow:
- Bi-annual performance reviews & opportunities for promotions – as Cerebral grows, so should you. We build your goals together and forge a career path that is right for you
- Culture & connectivity:
- Virtual social events (e.g., monthly happy hours) enable us to build a sense of community and connect on a more personal level
- Optional in-person company retreats provide an opportunity to augment team-building and celebrate our successes together
How To Apply:
Click “Apply” to fill up on the application form!
- Specific Job Location United States
- Salary Offer Competitive salary
- Experience Level Mid Level, Senior Level
- Education Level Unspecified
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Closing Date June 15, 2022
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page