Company Website: https://zapier.com/
Remote Locations: AMERICAS & EMEA
Job Type: Full Time
We’re looking for a Support Systems Engineer to join the Support Operations team at Zapier. Zapier’s on a mission to make everyone more productive at work. Zapier has helped over 1.8 million individuals and businesses with their automation needs.
As a Support Systems Engineer, you’ll build tools and systems that empower your teammates to provide an excellent support experience to Zapier’s customers. You’ll work with partners throughout the company and design, build, ship, and maintain the tools, systems, and apps that enable our Support organization to act nimbly and with confidence.
If you’re interested in joining a new and growing engineering team at a fast-growing and profitable company, then read on…
- Our Commitment to Applicants
- Culture and Values at Zapier
- Zapier Guide to Remote Work
- Zapier Code of Conduct
- Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Even though our job description may seem like we’re looking for a specific candidate, the role inevitably ends up tailored to the person who applies and joins. Regardless of how well you feel you fit our description, we encourage you to apply if you meet the criteria.
Zapier helps people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing. We believe that with the right tools, you can have big impact with less hassle. We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment. All teammates at Zapier agree to a code of conduct.
The Whole Package
Location: America’s & EMEA
Our distributed environment lets us work with the best people. You don’t have to be located in the USA either. Some team members live in the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more! You just need the skills and drive to succeed in this role and the ability to work from anywhere.
- Develop and maintain tools, apps, and systems that empower our team to provide an excellent support experience to our customers
- Help develop code standards and best practices within the Support Systems Engineering team through frequent code reviews, sharing knowledge, and documenting how we work best
- Monitor our tools and services for reliability and respond to bugs and feature requests from our Support colleagues
- Serve as a technical expert within the Support Operations team to help determine team-wide priorities and levels of effort
- Refine and optimize how we work by participating in sprint planning, backlog grooming, and retrospective sessions
- Mentor aspiring engineers and first-time developers from throughout the company on technical and collaborative skills
- As a part of our All Hands Support initiative, help customers have the best possible experience with Zapier
You’re an excellent written communicator. We’re a 100% remote team, and writing is our primary means of communication at Zapier. We thrive on asynchronous communication, so keeping your teammates and stakeholders up-to-date and on the same page is essential.
You love to learn new things. Zapier’s Support org is very nimble and dynamic. In order to give them the best tools possible, our team must always be learning about new tools, APIs, and integrations. If you love to spend time digging into new frameworks, workflows, and languages, you’ll feel right at home here.
You’re creative and resourceful. You approach ambiguous challenges with confidence, diligence, and a willingness to experiment and try new things.
You care about taking care of customers — and taking care of the people who care for them, too. Our Support team is full of brilliant, enthusiastic, and warm folks who work really hard to ensure the support experience we provide our customers is always improving and adapting to their changing needs and our growing company. For our team, success happens when we accelerate, solidify, and empower our Support colleagues’ work while also removing as many headaches and roadblocks as possible.
You’re solid at time management. You’ll juggle a variety of projects at any given time, and as a part of a distributed team, you’ll be trusted to work with minimal supervision. As a part of a growing company, you have an opportunity to make a big impact, and you’re keen to build processes that’ll make your job more efficient over time.
- Competitive salary and profit-sharing program
- Equity for All: Stock options (or equivalent) for every Zapien
- Healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- $2,000 annual learning stipend for use on courses, conferences, and more—your choice
- Two annual all-company retreats
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Customized Zapiversary rewards on your 1, 3, 5, 7 and 10 year work anniversaries
- Leading-edge equipment. We set you up with an Apple laptop and provide an additional budget for you to choose other home office accessories and software you may need.
- Time to renew. We encourage Zapiens to take at least 2 weeks off each year. Most of us take 4-5 weeks, in addition to locally recognized holidays.
- Opportunity to work with Zapier’s amazing partners network
How To Apply:
Click “Apply” to fill up on the application form!
- Specific Job Location Americas, EMEA
- Salary Offer Competitive salary
- Experience Level Mid Level
- Education Level Unspecified
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Closing Date May 26, 2022
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page