Company Website: https://cofense.com/company/careers/
Remote Locations: United States
Job Type: Full Time
Purpose of Position: Reporting to the Director of Product Management, the Technical Writer is responsible for assisting with our fast-paced environment building out and formalizing product documentation for existing and emerging products.
- Use critical thinking skills and understanding of products and technology to write accurate, well-organized, and useful documents for the given audience.
- Develop product expertise by interviewing subject matter experts, performing technical research, and using the product you are writing about.
- Ensure accuracy of documentation by testing documents against software.
- Identify contradictions between specifications, design, and documentation.
- Work independently to ensure that documentation projects meet content and schedule objectives.
- Collaborate with team members to implement an information architecture that maximizes content reuse and consistency across products.
- Prepare weekly status reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Can analyze and extract pertinent information from Product Management, Project Management, Engineering, and Marketing teams
- Possesses excellent written and oral communication skills and uses those skills to build strong relationships with internal stakeholders and cross-functional teams
- Understands best practices for writing documentation intended for localization
- Is familiar with the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Has a working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Has a working knowledge of Atlassian Confluence and JIRA
- Can be focused, flexible, efficient, and attentive to details
- Basic knowledge of MadCap Flare
- Able to dig into CSS to shape the look and feel of product documentation
- Able to research solutions to issues experienced with authoring tools
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Writing, Communications, Computer Science, or related field preferred
- 5+ years of experience in a technical writing capacity
- Experience with relevant technical tools and environment including authoring tools, CMS tools, communication best practices, style/format/structure guidelines, visualization techniques, and best practices for content translation
How To Apply:
Click “Apply” below to process your Job application!
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Mid Level
- Education Level Bachelor's Degree
- Working Hours to be arranged
- Closing Date May 8, 2020
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page