- Company Website: https://graphcms.com/
- Remote Locations: Worldwide
- Job Type: Full Time
At GraphCMS, we’re building the leading GraphQL Federated Content Platform. Our goal is to enable developers and content operators to create, enrich, unify, and deliver content across platforms. We are trusted to manage content for teams from over 50,000 organizations like Telenor, Burrow, Gamescom, and Shure. With over $10M in funding from OpenOcean, Peak, and Paua Ventures, you will be part of a remote-first and globally distributed team of over 50 colleagues, committed to working collaboratively, transparently, and passionately.
- We are customer-centric and goal-driven.
- We believe in innovation and encourage everyone to voice their opinions.
- We use our own product on a daily basis.
- We are open in our communication and feedback.
Purpose of your Team and Role
The (Senior) Technical Writer will be part of the Product team and report to the Head of Product. The ideal candidate is expected to partner with our engineers, product managers, and marketing and developer relations folks to ensure that our users get the most out of our product. Your main priority will be to own and drive our documentation, but you’ll also have the opportunity to work on guides, tutorials, and other content.
You will be responsible for ensuring that the documentation for the GraphCMS product is clear, correct, comprehensive, and easy to use. You will do that by gaining a deep understanding of our product, working closely with the team that creates it, and understanding our customer’s goals, workloads, and use cases. You’ll act as a spokesperson and champion for our documentation, organizing our process, and collaborating with other stakeholders in the company.
Working at GraphCMS
- We have a low-ego environment where all our team members are empathetic, always understanding, and ready to support each other.
- Our team members are super passionate about our product and self-motivation is the driving factor for our team’s success.
- We believe in a remote-first approach where everyone is encouraged to do their best from wherever they are and work together with individual responsibility, accountability, and ownership.
- A flexible work environment encourages people to work according to what works best for them and maintain a good work-life balance.
- We are an international and friendly team spread across 20 countries, coming together once a year for our annual off-site/retreat.
- We provide a competitive compensation package, the latest IT equipment, and a personal growth & education package.
Please expect the following steps for this role after you apply. The response time is usually within 1-2 weeks for each step. You could expect some alterations when necessary.
- Intro call with People Manager
- Structured competency-based Interviews
- Case Study if needed
- Team-Fit call
- Reference Check and Offer
- Continuously improve our documentation content in collaboration with engineers, product managers, and others.
- Review and edit content for all new and enhanced features.
- Produce content for using our product, including contextual content that clarifies why and when a user might use a feature or workflow.
- Help developers and other members of the community who have documentation-related questions.
- Identify and address content gaps or the need for additional media such as diagrams or videos.
- Participate in reviews and revamps of sections, pages, or the documentation as a whole.
- Help review and triage incoming suggestions, corrections, and other content from the GraphCMS community.
- Contribute to the improvement of documentation process and style, as well as cross-functional efforts to make it easier for developers to use our product.
- Ability to thrive in a growing and changing organization, where you have a big hand in shaping your own role and responsibilities.
- 3+ years experience as a Technical Writer or similar role. Experience in writing documentation for technical products/APIs preferred.
- Experience working together with engineering, product management, and other stakeholders.
- Experience establishing processes used by teams across an organization in support of documentation.
- Self-directed and able to find answers, use resources to learn about the product, and establish style guidelines to keep the documentation standards high.
- Highly collaborative and able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
How To Apply:
Click “Apply” to fill up on the application form!
- Specific Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Mid Level
- Education Level Unspecified
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Closing Date June 12, 2022
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page