Company Website: https://ns1.com/
Remote Locations: US Remote
Job Type: Full Time
NS1 optimizes delivery of the world’s most critical internet and enterprise applications. Only NS1’s platform is built on a modern API-first architecture that acts on real-time data and grows more powerful in complex environments, transforming DNS, DHCP, and IP Address Management (IPAM) into an intelligent, efficient, and automated system. NS1’s technology drives dramatic gains in IT efficiency and application performance, reliability, and security for the largest global enterprises, including Salesforce, LinkedIn, Dropbox, Nielsen, Pitney Bowes, Squarespace, Pandora, and The Guardian. We solve incredibly challenging problems on behalf of our customers, in the most mission-critical parts of their stack.
We are looking for a detail-oriented and motivated self-starter to join the Product team as a Technical Writer writing, editing, and collaborating with SMEs for the development of high-quality product documentation. Reporting to the Technical Content Strategist, this person will work closely with subject matter experts across the organization to help explain highly technical concepts and processes for the users of NS1 software and SaaS products. The ultimate goal of the technical content team is to improve the end-user experience through high-quality content that accommodates a variety of experience levels and workflows.
The ideal candidate is highly organized and can work efficiently in a fast-paced environment. You have experience working with engineers to better understand complex ideas and can adjust content accessibility to meet specific user needs and experience levels. Beyond writing, you will have an opportunity to help make strategic decisions about how we deliver information to end-users through our Help Center, API documentation, and within product UI/UX.
We’re a fast-growing, well-funded startup based in the heart of New York City’s Financial District with offices and team members around the world. Working at NS1, you’ll come to understand our team is unique, both in and out of the workplace. We have PhDs, musicians, artists, and athletes working side by side, dedicated to delivering first class products. We’re hardworking, but we’re also a compassionate group. We understand that outside of NS1 is a world that places demands on our time. Our leadership team is dedicated to open and honest communication and we continuously strive to foster a culture of transparency, flexibility, and creativity.
- Author and edit product documentation (installation/configuration guides, best practices, educational articles) in collaboration with engineers, product managers, and other subject matter experts.
- Help maintain and optimize the NS1 API documentation platform.
- Ensure all technical content adheres to the NS1 technical tone of voice and style guide.
- Optimize UX copy such as tooltips, error messages, CTAs, and descriptions.
- Identify and lead the development of all content necessary for supporting product launches/feature releases and customer onboarding efforts.
- Help reduce the number of support tickets by creating new or updating technical content to address basic concepts and FAQs.
Please note that you do not have to be a DNS expert to apply for this role. While any such experience is great, we are more interested in your ability to learn quickly, ask the right questions, and recognize which bits of information are important for content development.
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills.
- At least 4 years of relevant experience writing technical documentation for highly-technical products.
- Proven ability to plan, create, and publish high-quality documentation for a technical audience.
- Proven ability to work cross-team and synthesize feedback from technical and creative stakeholders.
- Ability to draft or illustrate technical drawings and diagrams.
- Ability to adhere to recognize and understand the technical tone of voice, and apply it to written documentation.
- A solid understanding of documentation lifecycles and the development process.
- Experience or comfort with remote communication culture; can facilitate effectively with distributed teams.
- Experience with collaborative content development tools, such as Google Drive (Docs, Sheets, Slides), Lucidchart, and/or similar.
- Strong understanding of the principles of information architecture, formatting, and design.
- Works well both independently and collaboratively.
Nice to Have:
- Background in English, Communications, Information Systems, or related field
- Experience working with Adobe Creative Cloud products, such as Adobe Indesign, Illustrator, and/or Photoshop.
- Experience working with DNS-based solutions.
- Experience creating eLearning content to support internal and customer onboarding.
- Experience writing and/or working with API documentation.
- competitive compensation (salary and stock options)
- medical, dental, and vision
- commuter benefits
- flexible hours and time off
- choice of workstation
How To Apply:
Click “Apply” below to process your Job application!
- Specific Job Location United States
- Salary Offer Competitive compensation (salary and stock options)
- Experience Level Mid Level
- Education Level Unspecified
- Working Hours to be arranged
- Closing Date August 13, 2020
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page