Company Website: https://palm.io/
Remote Locations: Worldwide
Job Type: Full Time
Palm NFT Studio is looking for people who have a passion for combining creativity and blockchain technology, and how their interplay can push boundaries and unlock new modes of expression. Palm NFT Studio is launching Palm, a new chain for NFTs, Culture & Creativity, built efficiently with Ethereum. Palm NFT Studio is backed by ConsenSys, Heni, Heyday Films and other leading names in technology, art and crypto.
Today, Palm NFT Studio will play two important functions. First, we will support the Palm chain, making sure it enables a great user experience, uses best in class technology and continues along a path towards increasing decentralization. Second, we will partner with artists, creators and content owners who want to launch NFTs on the Palm chain. Think of this as the best creative studio for NFTs.
We are looking for a diverse group of leading creative and technical thinkers. If you are someone who thrives in an exciting and new industry where being self-directed, determined, and resilient are a requirement and where creativity flourishes, we would love for you to join us. You will help us build the company we believe this space requires. Palm NFT Studio is remote first.
About The Role:
Palm NFT Studio is currently seeking a Technical Writer with a passion for the developer experience, and particularly enterprise blockchain software. You will have an interest in or experience writing documentation for dApps, protocols and APIs—you are passionate about the needs of users in relation to these and communicating related concepts clearly.Our ideal candidate can comprehend blockchain and Ethereum concepts quickly and understand the user journey from multiple perspectives.
You’ll be comfortable working directly with development teams without extensive design or requirements documentation as input.Our daily work involves reviewing engineering pull requests, building the latest master, and using our command line products to see it working for yourself. Having a dig around in the code base is sometimes the best way to answer a question.
We’re remote first and our tech writing team and developers span multiple timezones. The reality of this means working on multiple workstreams at once. The ability to independently manage multiple tasks and changing priorities will be key to success in this role.
You will work with our product managers and directly with our user base (generally developers in our community chat channels) to identify key recurring areas of confusion and create corresponding content, whether written, visual, or webinars, and be able to partner with community contributors on documentation through wikis and other means.
- We’re looking for all levels of seniority. Roles include individual contributors and team leads.
- As a remote-first company, we are willing to consider applicants from all geographies. Teams will be time-zone aligned.
- Write new documentation such as user guides, FAQs, video tutorials, and technical support docs for key aspects of our open source Ethereum software, including command line tools, API reference documents, and architecture documents
- Proactively identify gaps in the documentation
- Work with developers, product managers, and subject matter experts in a collaborative editing environment
- Edit and review content created by others for technical accuracy and clarity
- Assist the marketing team in creating other resources and thought leadership including tear sheets, case studies, and white papers
- Provide feedback to the product team on how our products might be made easier to use
- Construct scenarios to confirm understanding of functionality and validate by running our command line Ethereum client
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- 5+ years experience working on software documentation, ideally for technical products aimed at developers and network administrators
- Must excel in a self-managed environment with minimal oversight
- Experience using version control systems, like Git, or similar
- Experience writing for or using command line tools
Bonus Points for:
- Passion for blockchain and/or Ethereum
- Experience with Docs as Code workflow
- Experience with source code
- Previous work on open source projects (including volunteer work)
- Developer community experience and/or evangelism
- BA/BS degree
How To Apply:
Click “apply” below to process your Job application!
- Specific Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Senior Level
- Education Level Bachelor's Degree
- Working Hours to be arranged (Full time based)
- Closing Date August 21, 2021
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page