Company Website: https://lowerstreet.co/
Remote Locations: US, UK, Europe
Job Type: Full Time
You will play a central role in the production of all our clients’ branded podcasts, working closely with our lead producer, lead audio editor, content manager, and founder, and will learn first-hand everything that goes into making an amazing show.
If you want to work to become an accomplished showrunner and produce the best branded podcasts on the internet, this is the role for you.
We’re looking for a podcast fanatic. Someone who is passionate about storytelling, already has experience editing audio, who is a fantastic writer and communicator.
Lower Street is a small and tight-knit production team working to tough deadlines with very high standards for the work we put out for our clients. We’re committed to investing in you for the longterm, teaching everything we know about what makes exceptional branded content and compelling stories in audio.
About Lower Street
About the role
This is an apprentice style role. You will be trained on the job and learn everything by doing, in support of the production team. The role is structured as a 3-month (full time, paid) training period, transitioning to an autonomous full time role within the company with fixed monthly pay.
However, we do expect some prior relevant experience – predominantly in audio editing and writing. Ideally you will have worked on podcasts in the past in a previous role or as a freelancer.
- Working closely with the lead producer to research, structure, and edit podcast episodes
- Content research – you’ll be going deep into often technical subjects, providing initial research for the lead producer, collecting sources and fact checking
- Guest research – you’ll be preparing background research on guests booked for interviews
- Coordinating and transcribing audio recordings in Descript
- Coordinating with external producers, reporters, hosts and tape syncs
- Taking a first pass on all recordings, pulling out selects and creating rough drafts for review by the lead producer
- Preparing Pro Tools sessions for the lead audio editor
- Audio editing in Pro Tools for some of our clients’ podcasts
- Driving content development and production on some of our internal podcasts/owned channels
- Working with our internal team and external clients to coordinate production, social media and promotional content
- Maintaining audio archive and content calendars
- A podcast fanatic
- An A+ communicator
- An organised person with a brain that loves detail
- Content writing experience (preferably B2B content)
- 2+ years audio editing experience
Nice to haves
- Experience using Descript
- Experience in Pro Tools
How To Apply:
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why you’re interested in the role. In the subject line of the email please include ‘Trainee Podcast Producer’ and in the body of the email, please include a link to your Twitter and LinkedIn profiles, exactly like this:
- Specific Job Location United States, UK, Europe
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Junior Level
- Education Level Unspecified
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Closing Date October 10, 2020
- Job Application Via Employer Email