Company Website: https://speakwrite.com/
Remote Locations: Canada, United States
Job Type: Full-Time, Part-Time
- Typing skills: 60 WPM MINIMUM AVERAGE TYPING SPEED WITH 90%+ ACCURACY
Applicants must pass a typing test with a minimum speed of 60 words per minute with 90% accuracy for your application to be considered.
Before you Apply – Try a Free Typing Test
- Residency: YOU MUST BE A LEGAL RESIDENT OF THE U.S. OR CANADA. Due to California law AB-5, SpeakWrite cannot accept applications from California residents. We do not contract with off-shore transcriptionists.
- Language: You must be fluent in English and possess a strong working knowledge of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Work Experience: You must be proficient in Microsoft Word 2007 or newer, including advanced formatting features. You must possess excellent listening skills and be comfortable working independently.
- Legal Applicants: 1 year or more of work in a law firm, including legal transcription and word processing experience, performed within the last five year period.
Specific experience and a good working knowledge of the set-up of legal pleadings, agreements, court headings, interrogatories, deposition summaries, formal correspondence, etc. As well as good working knowledge of the proper format of legal citations.
- General Applicants: 1 year or more of transcription and word processing experience in an office environment, performed within the last five year period. (General office, data entry and accounting experience, etc. are not sufficient.)
Specific experience and good working knowledge in the creation of formal correspondence, memos, reports, etc.
- Spanish Applicants: Fluent in English and Spanish, must be able to read, write and translate verbatim.
SpeakWrite employs cutting edge technology to deliver quality audio to our transcriptionists. You will need the minimum required equipment to access our system:
- Windows Based PC w/ minimum 1GB RAM – no MACs or Tablet
- Windows OS 7 or newer
- Microsoft Word 2007 or newer (licensed versions only). Monthly subscription based is not acceptable
- Microsoft Internet Explorer v8.0 or higher
- Adobe Acrobat Reader v8.0 or higher
- Windows Media Player v10, 11 or 12
- Sound card and earphones to listen to the dictation.
- Foot Pedal – (Operates the playback of audio material. You will be notified when to order it)
- You must download MS Word onto your computer to complete work. Uninstalled subscription/web versions are not compatible.
How To Apply:
Click “apply: below to process your Job application!
- Specific Job Location Canada, United States
- Salary Offer average $450, top $3400
- Experience Level Junior Level
- Education Level Unspecified
- Working Hours to be arranged
- Closing Date February 28, 2021
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page