Research Assistant (Telework Role)
Work Remotely from anywhere Worldwide
The United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women) is the United Nations entity dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women. A global champion for women and girls, it was established to accelerate progress on meeting their needs worldwide.
The UN Women Independent Evaluation Service (IES) evaluates the work of UN women to enhance organizational accountability, provide evidence-based information for decision-making and to contribute to learning on gender equality and the empowerment of women. It is currently undertaking a corporate Evaluation of the UN Women’s Women, Peace and Security that is expected to be completed by June 2020.
An evaluation team is now being established to design and conduct this evaluation. A Senior Evaluation Specialist from the IES will be appointed the Team Leader and manager for the evaluation, who will be supported by three external consultants – an Evaluator, a Thematic Expert, and a Research Assistant. It will adhere to UN Women’s Evaluation Policy and UNEG Norms, Standards, Ethical and other relevant guidelines.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
The Research Assistant will be expected to support the Team Leader, Evaluator and Thematic expert in the overall implementation of the evaluation, including:
- the scoping and design of the evaluation by supporting document collection, management and review.
- the implementation of data collection instruments, and logistics and organization of field visits.
- data visualization, data analysis, coding and synthesis of data
- preliminary analysis of data collected, drafting and compilation of Annexes.
- communications with stakeholders, meeting organization, and drafting communication products.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
Required Skills and Experience
- 2 – 4 years of experience conducting evaluation or research, with experience in the global Women, Peace and Security agenda.
- Knowledge of evaluation approaches and methods (e.g. survey), including those relevant to gender equality and human rights responsive evaluation (e.g. participatory and inclusive approaches).
- Knowledge of gender mainstreaming and gender analysis, human rights-based approaches and human rights analysis;
- Strong knowledge of NVivo or other similar data analysis software and good analytical and report writing skills.
- Knowledge of the United Nations context a plus.
- Experience or knowledge in development and implementation process of 1325 NAPs highly desirable
- English required, Spanish and French skills desirable.?
How To Apply:
Click “Apply” down below.
- Salary Offer To Be Discussed
- Experience Level Mid Level
- Education Level Unspecified
- Working Hours To Be Arranged
- Closing Date December 31, 2019
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page