Sales Technology Writer
Work Remotely from anywhere in North America (US/Canada)
Your job in a nutshell: We’re looking for a technology writer who will be our resident expert in sales technology, specifically related to tools such as VoIP phone systems, traditional business phone systems, and customer relationship management (CRM) systems.
Named to the Inc. 500 list of America’s fastest-growing private companies, Fit Small Business has more than three million small business owners and managers reading our content each month. We deliver well-researched, authoritative articles so these owners can make informed decisions to grow businesses that fuel the economy. Our founders have built successful businesses before, and FSB is profitable with no outside funding. Part of the team of 150+ people is in our NYC headquarters, near Grand Central. Others are distributed across the U.S., Canada, and the Philippines.
Does this sound like you?
- To be a successful Sales Technology Writer you will have previous experience writing about technology designed for small to medium-sized businesses or a passion for writing, along with experience using, implementing, and/or managing VoIP, business phone, and CRM systems.
- You will have high attention to detail, good time management and perhaps most importantly, a strong desire to teach salespeople and business owners how to leverage technology in order to become better sellers and sales managers through high-quality written content.
Tools We Use:
WordPress, G Suite, Slack, Trello, Guru
*It’s fine if you haven’t used these. Just be enthusiastic to learn them.
This position includes:
- Researching, writing, and editing long-form articles on sales technology and tools, including product comparisons and step-by-step implementation guides.
- Conducting interviews with sales professionals and technology experts (drawing from your own network and leveraging your Fit Small Business title to grow your network).
- Providing in-depth responses to reader questions on sales-related technology topics, such as what is the best business phone system for me?
- Research, write, and edit long-form articles on sales technology and tools, including product comparisons and step-by-step implementation guides
- Conduct interviews with sales professionals and technology experts (drawing from your own network and leveraging your Fit Small Business title to grow your network)
- Provide in-depth responses to reader questions on sales-related technology topics, such as what is the best business phone system for me?
- Assist with sales tech content planning
- Candidates should have direct experience in implementing, managing, and/or using these systems in a business environment.
- Strong candidates will also have a technical background in SaaS-related products as well as a great network of tech-savvy individuals who have implemented, managed, or used systems like the ones listed above. Our mission: To deliver the best answers to people’s questions.
- You have experience implementing, managing, or using sales tools such as customer relationship management (CRM) software, VoIP systems, helpdesk software, and more.
- You have the proven ability to translate your technical knowledge into written pieces for a predominantly non-technical audience, either professionally or personally
- You are self-motivated and able to manage your time with little oversight
- You are open to feedback, and strive to learn something new every day
- You are passionate about helping small businesses succeed
- You want to write for an online publication and are comfortable working in a startup environment where things change quickly
- Competitive salary
- Quality health insurance (subsidized by FSB)
- Short-term and long-term disability (Paid by FSB)
- Traditional & Roth 401K plans with matching from the first day
- Vision, dental, and life insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Commuter Benefits
- Perks and discounts via our PEO
- A collaborative workplace, which will challenge you and celebrate your work
- A chance to learn with and from interesting and enthusiastic colleagues
How To Apply:
Click on “Apply” button down below to process your job application!
- Salary Offer To Be Discussed
- Experience Level 1-2-years, 3-5-years
- Education Level not-required
- Working Hours To be arranged
- Closing Date November 22, 2019
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page