As Product School’s Senior Accountant, you will be responsible for running all the day-to-day financial operations including accounting and payroll. You’ll also support the rest of the teams preparing and analyzing business intelligence reports to drive the growth of the company moving forward.
The ideal candidate for this role is someone who loves taking care of details, efficiency, making data-driven decisions, and organizing chaos with a smile.
– Manage and own full monthly and annual close process in accordance with Company policy and US GAAP
– Revenue recognition for student tuition revenue and ancillary revenue streams. Maintain revenue and deferred revenue schedules
– Processing of bi-weekly payroll and commission payments. Preparation and posting of associated journal entries
– Managing all aspects of the general ledger including preparing and reviewing of all journal entries and account reconciliations
– Assist with annual external audit and tax returns, including preparation of schedules, analyses and providing necessary documentation as requested
– Preparation and consolidation of financial statements
– Inter-company accounting between subsidiaries
– Reconciliation of balance sheet schedules on a monthly basis
– Preparation and posting of monthly accruals, amortization of prepaid expenses, fixed assets depreciation and recording of adjusting and reclassification journal entries
– Manage annual 1099 reporting and distribution process
– Assistance with budgeting and forecasting processes and financial analysis.
– Assist in improving accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls.
– Other related duties as assigned
– Ability and desire to take full ownership of Company’s accounting function.
– Oversee international accountant and review and consolidation of Spanish subsidiary
– VAT and GST reporting
– Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or Finance (CPA/MBA a plus)
– 5+ years of experience in full cycle accounting.
– Experience processing and managing payroll
– Multi-entity/multi-national accounting
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Experience with Quickbooks Online, Salesforce, advanced Excel, GSuite
– Ability to work in a remote, fast-paced, start-up environment
– Work directly with Product School’s COO
– Flexibility to work remotely if you’re not in San Francisco or New York
– Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance with dental and vision plans
– Free access to all our offline and online education programs
– Flexibility to work from any of our offices worldwide for up to 2 months
How To Apply:
Apply using the link in Custom Application URL
- Specific Job Location Preference given to San Francisco or New York
- Salary Offer To be arranged
- Experience Level 5-8-years, 8-10-years, 10-years
- Education Level Bachelor's Degree
- Working Hours To be arranged
- Closing Date December 17, 2018
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page