Mokriya takes software seriously. We’re pragmatic crafters who believe in smart and focused development, building clients’ products just as we do our own: investing heavily in design, iterating rapidly to validate and falsify ideas, and pursuing perfection in every interaction. We learned a lot of interesting things along the way about the right way to ship software, and we’re now bringing our incredible software product experience to larger companies like Verizon, Google, Intel, Twitter, Sony, L’Oréal— and we do this all with a fully distributed team.
We believe that well-made software can change the world, no matter how small or simple a product might be. We also believe that poorly-made software —badly-designed, badly-developed, or badly-supported— is a preventable tragedy.
Mokriya’s mission is to make great software: for ourselves, for our clients and most importantly for our users.
You love to build. When you’re not at your job, you’re probably tinkering on some contraption in the basement or figuring out how to take apart <insert-something-you-bought-recently>. You get a thrill from figuring out a clever way to solve a problem. You are a good developer with strong programming fundamentals and you really take pride in knowing the ins and outs of the programming languages and libraries you are working on. You are a product-focused Engineer that cares about details and—this is obvious—you take pride in your work.
If this sounds like you, and you’ve been working on building backend solutions with Java and AWS, you should apply. We strongly encourage and are proponents of diversity.
Why should I be excited to work here?
First, it’s fun. Not in the “everyone pretend to have fun, we’re a startup, where are the Nerf guns?” way, either. It’s fun to work at Mokriya because beyond the perks and good times, we’re a happy team of people who love to design and build great products. It’s not just that we have a great organizational structure in which everyone is really empowered to act; it’s also that we hire for fit and bring in folks only if we’re confident in their integrity, capability, and drive.
No one will watch over your shoulder, and you won’t have to spend time watching over anyone else’s either. We’re a talented team of doers. There’s little bureaucracy, and we hate blocking. Our product managers spend their time making sure you can get things done in the way that best suits your preferences and the project needs.
Autonomy, creativity, thoughtfulness, trust: if you care about those things, you’ll be happy here. And more importantly, we’d be honored to hire you.
- Expertise in Java and/or Scala
- Expertise in cloud and open source technologies such as Git, Spark, and Docker
- Familiarity with relational and big data such as Postgres, Hadoop, NoSQL Databases and columnar Storage formats Parquet
- Strong skills in analytic computing and algorithms
- TDD expertise
- Ability to do define crisp interfaces and thinking the performance, scalability as they are built
- Passion for finding and solving problems
- Prior history with agile development
- Experience in AWS (MUST HAVE)
- Excellent communication skills, proven ability to convey complex ideas to others in a concise and clear manner
- Data store knowledge is important – Postgres, Hadoop, NoSQL Databases and columnar Storage formats Parquet
- Work in PST time zone
How To Apply:
To apply: Email F5A2AD4069@jobs.workablemail.com with (A) links to stuff you’ve built & (B) interesting things you learned – the more technical, the better 🙂
- Specific Job Location USA
- Salary Offer To be arranged
- Experience Level 1-2-years, 3-5-years, 5-8-years
- Education Level not-required
- Working Hours PST time zone
- Closing Date January 14, 2019
- Job Application Via Employer Email