Ellucian designs technology that powers the educational mission of colleges and universities around the world. Inspired by that goal, Ellucian employees thrive as part of a high-performing global team committed to delivering a modern, connected, industry-leading experience for today’s students and higher education institutions. More than 2,500 institutions in 50 countries around the world look to Ellucian for the ideas and insights that will move education forward, helping people everywhere discover their futures through learning.
LOCATION – ANYWHERE IN US – REMOTE FROM HOME – ZERO TRAVEL
THIS PERSON IS CALLD A SENIOR CLOUD APPLICATION ADMINISTRATOR – WE ARE SEEKING SOMEONE W/ THE SKILLSET OF ORACLE DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR WITH ELLUCIAN BANNER EXPERIENCE
- Develop and implement the backup, recovery, and cloning of all databases.
- Database & application installation, configuration and maintenance according to established best practices.
- Proactively monitor and optimize system performance using tuning, optimization, AWR, ASH, and other methods.
- Technical adviser to provide detailed planning information to project coordinators to assist in planning of service requests, implementation steps, corrective actions, upgrade recommendations and optimization steps for Oracle and Ellucian technologies and products.
- Scripts and/or automates common repeatable tasks across the spectrum of supported products and technologies.
- All members of the team are expected to participate in our on-call process (24/7 production support in 2 week intervals).
- Operational Data Storage (ODS)
- Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW)
- Oracle products administration
- Shell scripting
- Ability to work effectively with end-users and teammates, to gain their confidence, to understand their technical and operational needs and translate them into viable technical solutions
- Work independently and multitask, prioritize tasks, and execute without constant supervision
- Workflow automation of common repeatable Oracle & RHEL tasks
- Knowledge Management
- Global capability/compliance
Desired Ellucian Product Experience:
- Ellucian Banner ERP product: Banner 8 Administration & Banner 9/XE Administration
- Banner Enterprise Identity Services (BEIS)
- Single Sign-on Configuration/Support (SSO)
- Degree Works
- Automic Applications Manager (formerly know as UC4)
- Ellucian Solution Manager (ESM)
- Application Navigator
- Payment Adapter (ie. TouchNet)
- Desired Experience & Knowledge:
- Oracle Certifications – OCP, OCA
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) Certifications
- Oracle RAC, DataGuard, Streams
- Multi-lingual (Spanish, Portuguese, French, Arabic, Hindi, or others)
- Project Management
Career Function : Cloud
Career Level : Senior Level
Travel Required: 0%-25%
Ellucian provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ellucian complies with all laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Ellucian expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ellucian employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
How To Apply:
Apply using the link in Custom Application URL
- Specific Job Location Houston, TX, US
- Salary Offer To be arranged
- Experience Level 1-2-years, 3-5-years, 5-8-years, 8-10-years
- Education Level not-required
- Working Hours To be arranged
- Closing Date January 4, 2019
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page
- Remarks Oracle Certifications - OCP, OCA Amazon Web Services (AWS) Certifications