Senior Front-End Developer
* Work Remotely from anywhere in the World *
Are you truly passionate about front-end development? Do you hate to compromise on code quality because of clients and deadlines? Then read on!
We’re a product-focused organization, which means our codebase is our baby; it can never become too perfect and we continually push our ambitions upwards. We’re also the world’s leading User Experience (UX) community—with over 1,5 million monthly visitors—and the biggest course platform for designers on the planet. Forbes Magazine has written about us and, what’s more, we teach UX and Design to organizations like IBM and the British Parliament. We can offer you the freedom to shape your work schedule, as well as a priceless opportunity to make an impact on the world—you’ll improve hundreds of thousands of lives each year.
With that in mind, we’d love it if you could help us take our front-end code to the next level.
You will join our team as a Senior Front-End Developer and your main responsibilities will be as follows:
- Communicate with our design team, write specifications for the components of the new IDF Design System and implement them.
- Create tactful and experience-enhancing animations in collaboration with our design team.
- Maintain and optimize existing code and solutions (Vanilla JS, Vue.js, Blade template engine) to perfection.
A future-proof tech stack
- We support evergreen browsers only (ES2015+, grid layout, CSS custom variables, etc).
- We constantly refactor our front-end code with the goal to reach front-end heaven:
- VanillaJS and Vue.js for its simplicity and flexibility that comes with a very small size and great performance.
- PostCSS to maximize the power of modern CSS.
- Webpack for perfect control over front-end assets.
- Cypress.io and Jest for automated tests.
- PWA with offline experience.
- Back-end based on PHP7 (and always the latest version of the Laravel framework).
- Mixed multi-page application and single-page (for the most interactive parts).
- We CI (Continuous Integration) and CD (Continuous Delivery) so we usually deploy a few releases per day: Zero downtime. Just a few buttons to push.
- We care about Developer Experience (DX) of our codebase and tools. DX and DevOps is our middle name: git, GitHub, Docker, HTTP2, CDN, AWS and much more.
- Is all code guilty until proven innocent? Even if not, we take testing to a new level: Unit tests, integration tests, end2end tests, TDD, etc.
- You have at least 5 years of experience working as a Front-End Developer.
- You love to learn through doing. You’re ready to put in some hard work to expand your skills.
- You prefer native Web APIs and functionality over alluring new frameworks – and you know how and when to use them.
- You write testable code and love to solve architectural problems.
- You speak and write to an acceptable level of English.
- You are self-motivated and self-disciplined and thus work well in a flat hierarchy with lots of freedom.
- You love to make a positive impact on the world and the lives of others.
- 100% remote full-time work with team trips 1-2 times a year in different places on the planet.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Team of true professionals and smooth onboarding process with a personal mentor.
- A culture of learning and excellence:
- In our code reviews, we constructively reference specific evergreen principles of programming to supercharge our learning.
- We actively use a library of evergreen literature on front-end and back-end development-related subjects.
- We believe that building timeless knowledge enables us to see through the hype and focus on what really matters.
How To Apply:
Click on “Apply” down below to proceed a job application process.
- Salary Offer To Be Discussed
- Experience Level 5-8 Years, 8-10 Years
- Education Level Not Required
- Working Hours To be arranged
- Closing Date September 14, 2019
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page