What We Do
Simply put, we make websites easier to use. Through a scientific method of determining which site improvements result in actual performance improvements, we replace the old way of designing sites through gut feel and management opinions with designing sites through data.
Our Hiring Process
We’re glad you’re interested in working with us. We have a fairly unusual hiring process, but it has proven to work well both for us and for potential new hires. We have found that demonstrating basic competency is the best predictor of initial qualification for working with us, followed by actual work.
Our process reflects that: below, we outline our values and how we work, and then ask you to complete a small task. Assuming we like your response, we will hire you for a “paid interview” where you start working with us for a small number of hours each week. If both parties like working together, we expand the relationship. If not, we go our separate ways and both sides “won” in the deal!
If you have questions as you go through this, make notes and if we haven’t answered them by the end, feel free to email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our positions are fully remote and to ensure compliance with all applicable labor laws, are open to U.S.-based applicants only. In general, we are not hiring in Washington state, Oregon state, San Francisco, New York, or New Jersey as it is difficult for distributed companies like ours to hire in those locations.
- We’re a remote company. We are spread out all over the country and enjoy the flexibility remote working affords. Want to go on a mountain bike ride in the middle of the day? Cool, don’t forget your helmet! Need to pick the kids up from school? Nice, you’ve got parent of the year in the bag. We stay connected through Slack and workcations, including one annual trip that is partially funded by the company.
- We value elegant code as much as you do, but we move fast. We’re writing code that runs on top of existing websites. Some tests only run for a few days before disappearing (though some do so well they become a permanent part of the client’s site). There will be polling patterns and liberal use of
- Again, we’re a remote company. That makes communication — including writing and reading comprehension — extremely important. You’ll work closely with product managers, designers and writers. This is not a simple “pull tickets and check in code” gig. Successful applicants enjoy the process of defining and clarifying specs, documenting processes, improving processes, and uploading custom emoji to Slack.
How To Apply:
Apply using the link in Custom Application URL
- Specific Job Location USA(except Washington state, Oregon state, San Francisco, New York, or New Jersey)
- Salary Offer To be arranged
- Experience Level 1-2-years, 3-5-years, 5-8-years
- Education Level not-required
- Working Hours To be arranged
- Closing Date December 19, 2018
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page