Fastly helps the world’s most popular digital businesses keep pace with their customer expectations by delivering fast, secure, and scalable online experiences. Businesses trust Fastly to accelerate the pace of technical innovation, mitigate evolving threats, and scale on demand. Founded in 2011, Fastly powers online destinations including Airbnb, GitHub, Alaska Airlines, Pinterest, Vimeo, The Guardian, and The New York Times.
The worldwide cloud services market is projected to grow rapidly to $236 billion in 2020, according to Forrester, Inc. As more and more businesses move operations to the cloud, Fastly is well positioned to continue increasing CDN, cloud networking and cloud security market share with edge cloud services that reach beyond content delivery.
We’re building a better Internet. Come join us.
SENIOR MANAGER, SECURITY ARCHITECTURE
Fastly is looking for a Sr. Manager, Security Architecture to join our team. This person will be responsible for managing and expanding Fastly’s team of security architects and championing security throughout all areas of Fastly’s applications and infrastructure. Fastly believes that security is everyone’s job and you will be empowering all of engineering to live up to that responsibility.
As a security leader at Fastly, you will have not only your own team, but all of engineering on your side in the constant work of making our applications, our infrastructure and the Internet a better place. You will also continue building out our security team, so having contacts and a solid reputation in the security community are essential.
This is a role which has high impact on human lives. You will be supported by a friendly security team, where you can learn and develop. We check our egos at the door. You’ll make sure our customers benefit from services built to the highest security standards in the industry. We pride ourselves in our involvement in the larger security community and encourage our team to present at network and security conferences and participate in the open source community. We are a distributed security team with the commitment and tools in place to make it work.
- Responsible for product-oriented components of Fastly’s Security Strategy, which serves to align security programs and controls across the entire security organization with engineering and all of Fastly
- Expand Fastly’s Security Risk Management program through partnership with Fastly’s Discovery, Detection and Response Team through their Offensive Security and Vulnerability Assessment programs, collaboratively reporting on the state of security risk in Fastly’s infrastructure and applications
- Leading architecture and design reviews through ownership of Fastly’s Risk Assessment process, coordinating with engineering teams to develop security as code and integrating secure by design principles into engineering builds
- Participation in development of our security policies for software, infrastructure, and humans, striving to build compliance, auditability, compensating controls and security directly into all processes
- Responsible for partnering with engineering to steward a secure development lifecycle (SDL), with continuous improvement to meet evolving security and compliance requirements
- Develop training programs for engineering, including threat modeling, and secure coding practices
- Recruit, champion and support a team to execute on your vision
- Significant experience in information security and security engineering
- Moderate experience in software delivery and in agile/devops organizations and cultures
- Prior demonstrated technical leadership and/or management in a cross-functional security role
- Proven track record architecting and integrating security controls in cloud-based and bare metal architectures
- Experience securing network protocol architectures and implementations
- Prior experience working with engineering teams on design and implementation of best-practices for security as code.
- Proven ability to work within a collaborative, cross-functional environment and develop strong security leaders
- Experience developing educational programs and applying security engineering practices to software and operations engineers
- You are committed to agile and lean practices, and being active partners in the development and engineering processes
- Experience working at scale. Fastly manages over 10% of the world’s internet traffic
- High emotional intelligence. Fastly teams care about one another, collaborate regularly and are part of a people first organization
- We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Our customers have a tremendous user base, and we support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their hearts with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is part of our DNA.
- We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits, like generous parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
- We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful every day.
- We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not one size fits all . Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they’re passionate about.
How To Apply:
Click on the Apply button below to process a job application for this position!
- Salary Offer To be arranged
- Experience Level 1-2-years, 3-5-years, 5-8-years, 8-10-years
- Education Level not-required
- Working Hours To be arranged
- Closing Date January 26, 2019
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page