We believe that empowered, engaged employees do the best work. We’ll be giving you the tools you need to succeed and looking to you for suggestions for improvement not just in your daily job, but in many other aspects of building a company. Whether you work from our main office in San Francisco, or you are a remote employee, we’ll be working together a lot – particularly, pairing and collaborating – we want you to succeed! We don’t want you to work too hard (burnout is real), and we do want to encourage you to grow (impostor syndrome is also real) – and we’ll help you do that.
Netlify is devoted to building a team of people with different backgrounds and lifestyles. We eagerly invite applications from people of all kinds. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, race, citizenship, pregnancy status, or any other differences. If we can do anything to provide a better interview, i.e. accommodate a disability, then please do let us know.
How we hire
After we evaluate your application, we will schedule a conference call so we can meet. If you live in San Francisco, we usually substitute this call with a visit to our office. This first meeting helps us to learn more about your past experience and helps you to learn a little bit more about our company and how we work.
If we move forward with the process, we will work together in designing a test to evaluate your technical skills. We’ll invite you to join a dedicated Slack channel where we can reach each other and talk about the test.
If the test is successful, we’ll schedule a next meeting with other members of the company that you’ll be working with, directly or indirectly.
Some of the challenges you’ll be working on
– Scale our infrastructure to handle hundred of thousands of request per second.
– Increase observability, reliability, and monitoring of all Netlify’s systems.
– Ensure that our deployment infrastructure supports our user growth.
– Improve the efficiency of Netlify’s CDN and edge cache.
– Build internal tools to help us managing, releasing, and scaling our own applications.
To be effective in this role, you’ll benefit from experience in:
– Compiled programming languages, we use Go and C++.
– Systems performance, analysis, and optimization.
– Web and CDN technologies.
– Internet standards like HTTP, DNS, and TLS.
– Linux containers. We use Docker and Kubernetes.
– Provisioning and managing cloud infrastructure.
– Being part of a weekly on-call rotation.
– You’re able to design and implement fault-tolerant distributed systems.
– You enjoy helping and mentoring other engineers to grow.
– You can focus on key priorities and pragmatic solutions.
– You can adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions.
How To Apply:
Apply using the link in Custom Application URL
- Specific Job Location EMEA, LATAM, US
- Salary Offer To be arranged
- Experience Level 1-2-years, 3-5-years, 5-8-years
- Education Level not-required
- Working Hours To be arranged
- Closing Date December 26, 2018
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page