Senior Product Designer
(Work Remotely from anywhere in the World / Australian Eastern timezone)
Sendle helps small business thrive by making parcel delivery simple, reliable and affordable. We’re a B Corp and Australia’s first 100% carbon neutral delivery service, harnessing major courier networks to create a simple, user-friendly service that levels the playing field for small businesses.
Sendle is a fast growing business with bold ambitions, a team full of passion, a team of self-confessed nerds and general geeks. Our work has an impact; by powering eCommerce logistics, our software is helping real-world businesses deliver real parcels to their customers; this is more than just records in a database.
Off the back of strong growth in Australia, we’re now setting our sights on expanding into the US and more, so this is an opportunity to work in a high-growth startup with a solid foundation and be part of an amazing team.
We’re looking for a smart and positive person to join us as a Senior Product Designer, reporting to the Head of Product Design.
The role in a nutshell
Recognizing the importance of Design in driving the direction of our product, the Senior Product Designer helps lead a key product area, along with a Lead Engineer and Product Manager. Our key product areas focus on different parts of the customer journey and these three roles work together to execute strategy, make decisions and prioritize projects. By providing timely and accurate user experience and design advice this is your chance as a designer to shape the Sendle service.
- Demonstrates product vision to help shape, and improve the customer journey for a key product area. They influence the user experience design, solution, and implementation to build customer trust in our service;
- Works with the Lead Engineer, Product Manager, and Product Owner; setting the direction, priorities, and goals of their key product area;
- Is responsible for knowing the customer pain points, struggles and journey within their product area’s focus;
- Is responsible for driving the design process, from research through to design assets, implementation quality, and release strategy within their product area
- Is involved in all stages of the design process, and happy to get their hands dirty by doing the work;
- Will guide and mentor more junior designers within their product area on design processes and skills;
- Will help manage the day to day workload and tasks for designers, and the quality of design output, within their product area;
- Works with leaders of other product areas to collaborate on the product development process and keep the alignment of projects and teams;
- Works with the rest of the Design Team to improve the overall look and feel, design consistency, standards and patterns of Sendle.
Your role will collaboratively work with Sendle customers, Sendle stakeholders and other internal teams to design and validate product features and hypotheses. You’ll be working on projects that define, and solve, customer pain points and meet business goals.
- You are genuinely excited about solving real customer problems and can empathize with the user, you have an eye for detail and want to design a service that works beautifully for customers.
- You’ll have experience iterating on a product through multiple releases and feedback, as you drive towards an overarching vision.
- You are humble enough to listen, yet confident enough to ask questions and participate in decision making.
- You’ll thrive in a fast-paced, changeable environment. You’ll enjoy a minimum viable process (and may have built a process), and you look for ways to improve, save time and do things smarter.
- You’ll need to be a positive person who is diligent, has a ‘never give up’ attitude and loves to focus on the detail.
- Working as a part of a team will be something you love, curious about how to connect with the ideas and knowledge of others to always be building better solutions and outcomes.
What matters to us
People and the culture of Sendle is our core asset in building the next global startup and we’ve wrapped the characteristics we look for in candidates into our 5H’s:
- High Performing
We actively look for these characteristics in people joining Sendle, and you can be confident that the people you will work with are strong in each of these areas.
Where you’ll work
If you are in Sydney, you can work in our Glebe office, near Sydney University on Glebe Point Road. We work in a great space with fantastic people, right near a bunch of good coffee shops – a mere stone’s throw from good lunch options and excellent public transport.
Otherwise, this role is open to a Designer who has experience working remotely and can work during the Australian Eastern timezone.
Competitive salary, super friendly team, great product.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you want to be a part of something remarkable then we’re excited to hear from you.
How To Apply:
Click on the Apply button below to process a job application for this position.
- Specific Job Location Must be willing to adjust into the Australian Eastern timezone for your working hours.
- Salary Offer To be discussed
- Experience Level 1-2 Year(s), 3-5 Years, 5-8 Years, 8-10 Years
- Education Level Not Required
- Working Hours To be discussed
- Closing Date May 8, 2019
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page