Senior Project Manager, Oncology
(Work Remotely in Europe)
Covance, the drug development business of LabCorp® has supported the pharmaceutical industry develop more medicines worldwide than any other company, including the top 50 best-selling drugs on the market today.
Our Project Management organization is strong in Europe: 200+ PMs. The Covance´s Oncology PM team offers unique opportunities to gain exposure across a broad clinical trial portfolio. Whether your ambition is to work at the forefront of innovative clinical trial design or play a pivotal role in leading and coordinating global clinical trials in Big Pharma, we have the right job for you.
You will be responsible for planning, organizing and executing international full service oncology clinical trials from initial set up to final study report review. Here at Covance the work of a Project Manager revolves around 4 pillars:
Project Award: You will have a pivotal role in proposal strategy, development, costing, and bid defense for assigned trials.
Full Service Overseeing: We will trust you to ensure effective cross-functional teamwork to secure the successful completion of your trials:
- Initiating and driving improvements to enhance efficiency and quality.
- Proactively engaging in risk management activities to ensure key milestones and project deliverables are met according to both Covance and client requirements.
Key Client Contact: You will establish relationships with client teams which result in client satisfaction, operational excellence and thereby increase potential for repeat business. You will also be responsible for appropriate issue escalation.
Budget/ Finance: As the final responsible to meet the financial performance targets for your studies, you will have to perform forecasting, revenue recognition, maintaining profit marging and to proactively identify out of scope activities and execute necessary work scope change orders.
Our employees make a difference in the lives of millions of people… and you will too.
Join us and see why LabCorp/ Covance have been named for the second consecutive year to FORTUNE´s 2019 List of `World´s Most Admired Companies´ and more than 90% of the top 20 global pharmaceutical companies are repeat customers. We can offer you not only a job, but a stable, long-term international career.
University/college degree, life science preferred.
Extensive knowledge of:
- Financial control procedures
- Time and cost estimate development.
- Ability to track project progress against financial milestones (e.g. costing systems, time reporting).
Working knowledge of:
- Drug development process and client needs.
- Project management processes.
- ICH Guidelines and GCP including international regulatory requirements for the conduct of clinical development programs.
- Masters or other advanced degree.
- PMP certification.
This is a high profile job for Covance. You will be part of One team with a dedicated mission to deliver the best in class service to our clients and support the Oncology patient Community globally. This is why we can only consider candidates with:
- Significant clinical research experience in a pharmaceutical company/CRO
- Extensive experience in the role of a Global/ Regional Project Manager leading the full execution of ph I-III clinical trails in Oncology.
- Must have proven working knowledge of Oncology within a client facing role
- Ability to utilize and assign resources within global projects effectively
- Demonstrated ability to inspire effective cross functional team work and motivate staff within a matix system
- Previous experience managing global research studies within a Global CRO environment, so you have managed study budget/finance from a CRO perspective
WHAT MAKES THIS JOB SPECIAL
- You will create your work-life balance with a remote job (anywhere in Europe) that allows for flexibility in time managent.
- You will see your international Project Management & oncology skills enhanced by having access to significant cross enterprise Labcorp / Covance Clinical Development expertise: from companion diagnostics, NGS integration into trial programmes, to adaptive designs.
- You will work with a broad spectrum of oncology clients: biotech, large and mid pharma.
- You will gain exposure to an innovative broad spectrum of projects from trial designs, to key compounds and platforms to delivery in global geographies.
More than 50% of our Project Managers have been thriving in Covance’s positive culture for 5+ years (and 25% for 10+)..
How To Apply:
It will not be long, and we will not make you travel for the interview process: two phone interviews, and you will deliver a study case presentation.
Don’t delay! We have several open jobs within the Project Management Oncology team and are hiring as quickly as possible, call me during business hours (CET) on +34648853615 to discuss, or email me your details at email@example.com
- Salary Offer To be discussed
- Experience Level 1-2 Year(s), 3-5 Years, 5-8 Years, 8-10 Years, 10+ Years
- Education Level Master's Degree, Doctoral Degree
- Working Hours To be discussed
- Closing Date June 20, 2019
- Job Application Via Employer Email