Senior Test Automation Engineer – DevOps Job
As a Senior Test Automation Engineerat FireMon/Lumeta, you will play a major role in helping to ensure efficient and consistent delivery of high-quality Network Security products to our growing customer base. You will help to drive test automation strategy and implementation for an exciting portfolio of Network Security products, using your strong automation expertise, customer focus and outstanding teamwork.
- Quickly build and maintain a strong hands-on understanding of our product architecture, product capabilities and customer use cases for FireMon/Lumeta products.
- Design, implement and execute high-value, easily maintainable API, CLI and GUI test automation (automation framework and test cases) that effectively verify customer requirements using popular test automation technologies
- Leverage strong experiential knowledge of networking and security to ensure that testing strategies meet and anticipate the needs of real-world customer usage.
- Collaborate regularly with members of the Quality Engineering, Development, Product Management and Support Teams to fully understand customer needs to design and implement optimal test automation solutions.
- Estimate, plan and coordinate testing activities in an Agile environment.
- Identify, thoroughly document and track bugs/issues.
- Troubleshoot and recreate customer issues in-house for resolution.
- B.S in Computer Science or related Engineering field.
- 5+ years of demonstrated success in developing high-value test automation for complex enterprise software products.
- Good understanding of common layer 2-7 networking protocols and related technologies (e.g., Ethernet, 802.1x, MPLS, IP, TCP, UDP, ICMP, HTTP, SSL/TLS, DNS, DHCP, NTP, etc.)
- Demonstrated success in using popular test automation technologies to deliver high-value API and GUI-level automation for complex, enterprise-scale products. Example automation technologies: SoapUI, JMeter, Robot, REST Assured, Selenium, etc.)
- Solid experience in Scripting languages (Python/Perl/bash)
- Demonstrated ability to use in-depth technical knowledge to resolve or workaround issues using troubleshooting tools like Wireshark, Netmon, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ability to work independently in a fast paced, globally distributed, dynamic environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to communicate status, impact and risk using objective data and analysis.
- Must be a customer advocate — Independent in thought, highly methodical, detail oriented and persistent.
- Experience in technical support role (Tier 3 or above) successfully supporting and advocating for customer needs within the Product/Engineering teams.
- Prior experience testing Network Security solutions (Firewall, Intrusion Prevention Systems, Intrusion Detection Systems, Vulnerability Management Systems)
- Understanding of Cloud Technologies (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc.)
- Knowledge of SQL.
- Prior Development experience (Java, C++, etc.)
What it Takes to be Part of the FireMon Family
As a thought leader in a space we invented, FireMon is paving the way in the cybersecurity industry across the globe. At FireMon, you’ll find a disruptive, cutting-edge environment. It’s a place where being proactive is rewarded and each day is more innovative than the last. This drive permeates everything we do from how we develop our products to how we engage with our customers and how we get things done.
One of the biggest benefits of working with a groundbreaking company like FireMon, is the huge impact employees have on the overall product and business. Each person’s work directly affects the outcome of the finalized product and success of the business. Additionally, you can voice your ideas and collaborate across departments to learn new aspects of the company. Since we are securely backed by some of the savviest investors it the industry, you get the security of an established organization but at the same time get to experience the agility and autonomy of a smaller company.
- Dynamic company with opportunities to expand skills and cross train in new areas.
- Flexible schedules, accommodating work/life balance – we actually mean it!
- Ability to make an impact, both with customers and fellow team members.
- Small, agile team eliminates bureaucracy and provides flexibility to make immediate improvements.
- Immediate mentorship and leadership opportunities.
- Work with like-minded, driven, and smart team members who will challenge you daily.
Perks of the Job
- Market leader in compensation
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work hours and remote friendly environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
- Peer recognition
- Inclusive culture focused on people, customers and innovation
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, community service events
How To Apply:
Click on the Apply button below to process a job application for this position.
- Company Website https://www.firemon.com/
- Specific Job Location US
- Salary Offer To be arranged
- Experience Level 5-8 Years, 8-10 Years, 10+ Years
- Education Level Bachelor's Degree
- Working Hours To be arranged
- Closing Date March 7, 2019
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page