Social Media Manager
* Work Remotely Worldwide except listed countries below *
1 Second Everyday
1 Second Everyday is a video diary app that makes it easy to create the movie of your life. In a couple of minutes, parents can relive the first year of their child’s life, look back at their last family vacation, or see their entire journey together. It gives anyone the power to reflect on school, friends, projects, and adventures. From our humble Kickstarter beginnings, we’ve grown into an award-winning app with millions of downloads.
About the Social Media Manager Position
We’re looking for an awesome Social Media Manager to join our small but growing team! This position is full time and fully remote. Our team works from all over the world including Russia, Canada, Mexico, and the US.
We are looking for someone to manage our accounts, post consistently, and bring some fresh ideas to our social content. The Social Media Manager is responsible for generating unique and engaging content (text and video) to share with followers, as well as managing posts and responding to the queries or comments across all of our platforms.
The Social Media Manager is expected to remain current on the latest social, online, and digital trends. You’ll work directly with our Brand Manager to execute marketing campaigns and ensure that everything we post aligns with our Brand’s core values and tone of voice.
- This is a full-time, remote position.
- We’re offering between $55,000-$85,000 USD per year for this role based on experience and cost of living.
- No share options or equity.
- This position requires travel to our semi-annual retreats (Last one was Peru and allowed families to come too!).
You might describe yourself as a multitasker, a doer, someone who isn’t afraid to jump in and get things moving. You’re inspired by those around you and use that inspiration to fuel your work. Your communication skills are excellent, you have no problem conveying your ideas, and you’re a pro at adapting your writing to fit any brand’s tone of voice.
Social Media Manager responsibilities are:
- Align social media strategy with overall business goals and brand values.
- Set specific objectives and report on engagement, growth, and traffic across all channels.
- Conceptualize, create, edit, and share engaging content daily, through a variety of mediums (text, video, blog, etc.)
- Manage our hashtags, track, and inform different campaign ideas based on user-submitted content trends.
- Engage, engage, engage. Your job is to keep the conversation going!
- Suggest and implement new ideas like promotions or giveaways and campaigns to develop newfound brand awareness.
- Assist the Brand Manager on noting and tracking influencers who are engaging with the brand.
- Ensure brand consistency through collaboration with other departments.
- Monitor customer reviews, DM’s, and comments responding in a timely and polite manner.
- Oversee digital design of social media platforms, i.e. Facebook Timeline cover, profile photos, etc.
- Manage our monthly giveaways on Instagram and oversee the distribution of merch to winners.
- Proven work experience as a Social media manager.
- Hands-on experience in content creation, tracking, and community management.
- Remote experience
- Excellent skills in the following areas:
- Data Analysis
- Community management
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, image, and video)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Share and embody our company values
- This position requires travel to our semi-annual retreats.
- Paid open vacation policy – We offer a MINIMUM of 2 weeks off each year. This isn’t a vague policy where open vacation means no vacation.
- Healthcare benefits (currently only available in the United States).
- Travel Bonus – $500 per year for a NO WORK vacation on your anniversary.
- Wellness Bonus – $50 a month for a gym membership, yoga class, book club, or whatever makes you happy.
- 2 weeks paid parental leave.
- Conferences of your choice.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We are a diverse team and welcome all walks of life. 1 Second Everyday is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are continuously expanding our hiring capabilities in other geographies. However, at this time we are unable to hire employees and contractors who reside and have to be paid in the specified countries below:
- North Korea
How To Apply:
Click on “Apply” down below to proceed a job application process.
- Specific Job Location Worldwide remotely except the listed countries in the job description (Refer to it)
- Salary Offer $55,000-$85,000 USD per year
- Experience Level 3-5-years, 5-8-years
- Education Level not-required
- Working Hours To be arranged
- Closing Date September 16, 2019
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page