Our Work Truly Matters: 135 million Americans are suffering from chronic conditions. The associated costs are astronomical. Patients feel helpless, overwhelmed and confused.
Welcome to a new era of health. Livongo pioneered Applied Health Signals to reduce complexity and costliness in the healthcare ecosystem. At the intersection of data science, behavior enablement and clinical impact, Livongo is the first company with the technologies and capabilities to silence Noisy Healthcare. Our platform delivers actionable, personalized, and timely data, empowering our members with chronic conditions to live better and healthier lives.
Make an Impact: Top candidates are attracted to Livongo because they want their work to have impact. They want to accomplish something meaningful. Our innovations are making it easier for our members to stay healthy, with better information, personalized guidance, and less healthcare noise. Already serving more than 600 clients and over 100,000 members, Livongo is delivering unmatched clinical results, industry-leading member satisfaction, and demonstrated cost savings. In other words: yes, here you truly will make a difference.
Focus on PEOPLE: We take care of our members, our clients, and our employees, so success is guaranteed. We bring passion and excitement to the workplace, creating a fast-moving, collaborative and inspiring environment, powered by smart, fun, passionate individuals with wildly diverse professional backgrounds.
Diversity and Inclusion: Without a doubt, our inclusive environment has made us stronger, as a team and as a company. Our employment decisions are based solely on the candidate’s strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to the candidate’s success in their new position. For more information, see our EEO statement below.
The Next Billion-Dollar Startup Our growth and innovation to-date has been news-making. We are on the threshold of very big things. Right now. This is the time to join Livongo. Come help us achieve our mission to make a tangible difference, for real people.
Join a dynamic team of smart, driven engineers who take ownership and aren’t afraid to ask big questions, as we solve intriguing engineering challenges in break-through digital healthcare solutions. With the best practices and technologies at our disposal, we have our eyes set on making a meaningful impact on the lives of millions of people suffering from chronic conditions.
If you’re an experienced senior-level Backend Engineer, this is your chance to help shape Livongo’s technical framework during a time of astronomical growth and product expansion. You’ll work on a diverse medical product portfolio, exploring exciting new fields such as in-vitro diagnostic devices, mobile medical apps, and Software as a Medical Device (SaMD). See your ingenuity put to good use as you develop new features, design and implement APIs, and build integrations to 3rd party services, significantly contributing to Livongo’s ability to quickly automate and scale critical business processes and tools.
This position offers you the flexibility of working in either our Chicago, IL, office, or from your remote location anywhere in the U.S. (preferably Central Time Zone). If you’re passionate about technical innovation and making a difference in a meaningful field, let’s talk!
- Assist with the design, development and product life-cycle of digital health and/or diagnostic devices, monitored over interactive platforms
- Tackle complex engineering challenges using technologies such as Java, Spring, Scala, and MongoDB
- Apply a range of processes and systems to solve problems end-to-end, in areas such as billing, commerce, enrollment and communication specific focus will vary from project to project
- Work closely with Livongo’s Product, Infrastructure and Operations teams to create and execute on software development plans, product test cases, trace matrices, release notes, labeling, etc.
- Collaborate with other team members to continuously streamline the engineering and software development processes
- 2+ years’ experience as a backend software engineer
- Advanced experience with data structures, object-oriented design, concurrency and algorithms
- Familiarity with functional programming
- Deep background in designing, building and using REST APIs
- Experience working with databases or NoSQL
- High proficiency in Scala, Java, or Node.js.
- Proficiency with asynchronous messaging and distributed processing
- Ability to adapt to new languages and frameworks
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment, building rapport and influencing decisions across all levels of the organization
- Strong written and verbal skills, including the ability to communicate succinctly and effectively over the phone and in writing
- Enthusiasm for teamwork and collaboration, with limited supervision
- Drive to meet deadlines and achieve or exceed goals and expectations
- Ability to strictly follow policies and procedures when required, while also knowing when to think outside the box
- Flexibility to adapt to changing work environments, new priorities, new instructions, delays, or unexpected events
- Skill at managing competing demands, with the ability to change approach or method to best fit the situation
- Bachelor of Science degree in an Engineering discipline, preferably software, mechanical, or electrical engineering
How To Apply:
Click on the Apply button below to process a job application for this position!
- Specific Job Location (U.S. Only) CHICAGO, IL
- Salary Offer To be arranged
- Experience Level 1-2-years, 3-5-years, 5-8-years, 8-10-years, 10-years
- Education Level Bachelor's Degree
- Working Hours To be arranged
- Closing Date February 4, 2019
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page