On the Consul team, we help organizations with service discovery, configuration management, and health monitoring. Ecosystem engineering includes contributing to the range of open source tools and integrations we have developed to help Consul solve problems for operators, infrastructure engineers, and software developers.
This is software engineering role that will provide challenges across a range of tools, languages, and concepts.
Some of the tools and integrations the newly founded Ecosystem Team maintains include:
- consul-esm, consul-template, envconsul, and go-discover
- Proxy and Certificate Authority integrations with the Consul Connect feature
- The Consul Terraform Provider
- First-class integration with Kubernetes via consul-k8s and consul-helm
Much of our work and libraries are open source and receive contributions from a large community of users. The majority of our tools and integrations are written in Golang.
At HashiCorp, we value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise level customers.
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely a remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn’t required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
In your cover letter, please describe why you’re interested in working at HashiCorp, and what draws you to this role in particular! Specifics of your past experience that are relevant to this role are great to include, too.
- Provide simple interfaces and APIs for operators utilizing complex distributed systems
- Work with a range of platforms and technologies daily
- Develop and contribute to unique strategies for long-term maintenance and testing of complex integrations with a range of other tools
- Work alongside the rest of the Consul team and the large community of Consul users
- Own the full lifecycle of feature development from design through testing and release
- Program mostly in Golang, learning from and contributing to a team committed to continually improving their skills
- You’re familiar with service-oriented architectures, and ideally have worked on teams deploying or maintaining them
- You’re comfortable working with and developing your skills in multiple programming languages
- You have a passion for the unix philosophy, and small, concise tools
- You are a fantastic learner, and are comfortable picking up a range of new tools and concepts quickly
- You’ve worked with a public cloud (or similar) environment either in development or operations
How To Apply:
Click on the Apply button below to process a job application for this position.
- Specific Job Location US/UK/CANADA/NETHERLANDS/FRANCE/GERMANY
- Salary Offer To be arranged
- Experience Level 1-2-years, 3-5-years, 5-8-years
- Education Level not-required
- Working Hours To be arranged
- Closing Date February 7, 2019
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page