Software Engineer – Frontend & Backend Software Development
(Work Remotely from anywhere in the World)
Sourcegraph’s mission is to enable every software developer to create technology using the best tools. The innovations of the future will all rely on software, so by empowering developers today we can bring the future sooner. You can learn more about our mission by reading our our master plan.
We are an open company: our code, our product roadmap, and our company processes are public. This transparency helps us rapidly gather feedback, iterate, learn, and deliver the best product to our customers.
We value continuous progress and we release a new version of Sourcegraph every month. You can see all of the progress that we have made by visiting our blog, and all the exciting things that we are planning to work on by reading our product roadmap.
Sourcegraph is an equal opportunity workplace; we embrace diversity and welcome people from all backgrounds and communities.
If you are passionate about making the world better through software, come join us!
You will help build Sourcegraph, a code search and navigation product that scales to tens of thousands of repositories and massive monorepos. Here are some of the technologies that we use:
- Frontend: TypeScript, React, RxJS, SCSS, Browser extension APIs
- Backend: Go, GraphQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, Kubernetes, Docker
We expect that you are skilled in one or more of these (or related) technologies and that you are interested in growing and expanding your expertise.
You will work on a small team that has focused goals and apply your skills to creatively build and own products and infrastructure that are fundamental to the growth and success of our business while following good engineering practices.
We will encourage and help you to:
- Interact directly with our customers to help them deploy/configure our software, and solve issues that they encounter.
- Plan your own work each month based on company goals and customer feedback.
- Publish blog posts and give conference talks about your work at Sourcegraph.
We are flexible and don’t require you to be in any particular timezone or location. Our engineering team is distributed across the world and about half work from our office in San Francisco.
We provide competitive pay and equity because we want you to act like a business owner and share in the success of Sourcegraph. We also provide many benefits to keep you happy, healthy, and productive.
How To Apply:
Click on the Apply button below to process a job application for this position.
- Salary Offer To be discussed
- Experience Level 1-2-years, 3-5-years, 5-8-years, 8-10-years
- Education Level not-required
- Working Hours To be discussed
- Closing Date May 19, 2019
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page