Software Engineer (Tooling)
* Work Remotely from anywhere in the World *
- You will help maintain and improve existing tools.
- You will participate in code-reviews of your peers, and seek out others to review your code and your designs.
- You will help stakeholders express their needs and integrate them in our existing tools and pipelines.
- You will spend time working on bug fixes and implementing feature requests with an extreme focus on usability.
- Regularly commit and push your well-tested, documented and linted code to our internal Gitlab instance and watch with marvel as all tests pass green.
- Write documentation explaining how to use and maintain the tooling.
- Help deprecate tools that should no longer be there and update the documentation.
- Participate in daily scrum calls over Google Meet.
- Attend bi-weekly one-on-one meetings with your direct manager.
- Hang around Slack and collaborate with some really cool, nice and competent people.
- Be proficient in Python and/or Golang.
- Proficient with Git.
- Good understanding of best-practices around API design (REST, GraphQL)
- Experience with data pipelines
- Proficiency with Amazon Web Service including (but not limited to) EC2, S3, Lambda, and cost reporting
- Proficiency with Google Cloud Platform including BigQuery & PubSub
- Have a passion for writing really great documentation
- Have a passion for usability
- Open Source collaboration experience
- Experience with PHP
- Experience with Microsoft Azure
- Great knowledge of products like Metabase, Kibana and Grafana
- Good networking background (routing/protocols)
- Good grasp of practical security and cryptography
- Good knowledge of how the Web works (Hacking Nginx with Lua a plus)
- Good understanding of how database systems and search engines work
- Mad Debian Skills. Sporting a Debian plaid cloth during the interview is not frowned upon
How To Apply:
Click on “Apply” down below to proceed a job application process.
- Salary Offer To Be Discussed
- Experience Level 1-2 Year(s), 3-5 Years, 5-8 Years
- Education Level Not Required
- Working Hours To be arranged
- Closing Date September 16, 2019
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page