- Let people pay their electricity bills with Wave, by integrating with Senelec, the national electrical utility.
- Build an app for business owners to pay their employees’ salaries using Wave.
- Let us safely lend smartphones to thousands of taxi drivers so they can accept payments with Wave, by building software to manage the phones and discourage theft.
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience as a software engineer.
- Native or fluent English.
You might be a good fit if you
- Are excited to deeply understand the inner workings of the tools you use.
- Consistently make progress on hard problems without getting stuck or giving up.
- Are not afraid to take on complicated systems.
- Reflexively ask yourself, “how will this code change affect my users?”
- Can communicate clearly with colleagues who work, speak and think differently.
- Work to make things easier for the next engineer who will touch your code.
- Always try to improve as a programmer and colleague.
Bonus points if you
- Speak French.
- Are familiar with our user base.
- Have experience with the languages and tools we use (primarily: Python 3, SQL, Kotlin, Kubernetes).
How To Apply:
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. If interested, please send our Head of Growth, Taryn McKenzie Mohr (firstname.lastname@example.org), a resume as well as a cover letter describing your interest in Wave and the role. Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Salary Offer $120,000 - $170,000 USD
- Experience Level 3-5-years, 5-8-years
- Education Level not-required
- Working Hours To be arranged
- Closing Date December 23, 2018
- Job Application Via Employer Email