As a Support Engineer, you are responsible for providing world-class post-sales technical leadership to our client base. Working directly with customers, the authority on both the CircleCI platform and continuous integration and deployment as a general practice will fall on you. Finally, as part of the Customer Engineering organization, you will have the opportunity to work directly with our Product Management, Engineering, Customer Success, and Marketing teams to share your knowledge and experiences, and will act as the Voice of the Customer to help drive improvements that will ensure our customers’ success with CircleCI.
You will be the main point of contact for technical questions and requests for assistance that our customers register in our support ticketing system. You will work with the rest of the Support team to build out and cultivate our support operations, and help to establish a customer community to enhance the experience of our customers. For this job you will need to have a strong technical capability along with a strong self-starting, dedicated mentality and the ability to maintain empathy for customers. You’re going to be dealing with very technical users and complex issues, but you’re also tasked with creating excitement and loyalty in the customers you interact with. More specifically, we are looking for someone with experience supporting mobile development, specifically for the Apple iOS and Android platforms. We are seeking someone who has experience building and resolving mobile development initiatives.
CircleCI is the best platform for software teams looking to rapidly build quality projects, at scale. Our intelligent continuous integration and delivery tools are simple yet powerful. Our aim is to provide the wisdom of a connected development ecosystem to every team member making technology decisions.
We run 12M+ builds a month on our platform for companies like Spotify, Kickstarter, Sony, and Coinbase. Over 25,000 organizations and 300,000 developers actively build, test, and deploy on CircleCI. We’ve raised $59.5M in venture capital from Industry Ventures, Top Tier Capital, Scale Venture Partners, DFJ, Harrison Metal Capital, and Baseline Ventures.
About Customer Engineering at CircleCI
CircleCI’s Customer Engineering organization’s goal is to make life easier for our customers and leave them with the “wow” experience of building and testing their applications with ease. Customer Engineering works with customers to understand their technical and business needs and requirements—from onboarding to implementation to scale. This Department currently comprise Solutions Engineering (pre-sales), Success Engineering ( post-sales for large accounts), and Support Engineering (post-sales ticket based support for all customers). There is an opportunity for both horizontal and vertical growth and promotion within Solutions, as well, as new Solutions teams are built out going forward, including Community Engineering and Partner Engineering.
- Work closely with customers to help them resolve tickets, especially those that relate to mobile development projects
- Be creative and scrappy in solving customer technical problems and answering customer questions
- Build standard methodologies for technical troubleshooting across different technologies, and author Knowledge Articles that contribute to our self-serve support portal
- Act as the voice of the customer and use customer feedback to help Product and Engineering improve the product
- Become an expert on the CircleCI solution
- 2+ years of technical product support, engineering, or experience deploying mobile software
- Experience with mobile app development (iOS, Android)
- Experience working directly with customers to debug common errors
- You can tie business problems to technical solutions and understand technology value propositions
- Demonstrated and proven capacity to quickly absorb new concepts and technologies
- You have spent a decent amount of time using and scripting *nix
- You know how to work with Git in general and ideally GitHub in particular
- You believe that the best way for all to succeed is to honestly discuss product and company abilities and limitations with customers. We do not oversell at CircleCI
- Strong ops/infrastructure knowledge, especially networking and security
- Great relationship building skills and a good people person
- Exceptional written and oral interpersonal skills
ADDITIONAL GREAT TO HAVE SKILLS
- Experience with build, test, and deployment automation, either as a practitioner or in a customer-facing role
- Ability to fix networking issues that may prevent communication between different components
- Knowledge of Docker or Linux containers in general
- Experience using and automating a major IaaS like AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Familiarity with deploying and debugging distributed systems
If you’re interested in joining the team, please send us your resume and a cover letter explaining why you’d be a great fit. If you have an easily accessible presence on the web (Twitter, blog, GitHub, LinkedIn, etc.), please share it.
We care deeply about diversity and inclusivity. We’re hiring at all experience levels, and seek talented teammates from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences who are equally committed to cultivating a work environment of respect and kindness. We carefully consider every applicant that takes the time to apply.
How To Apply:
Apply using the link in Custom Application URL.
- Specific Job Location North America or Western Europe
- Salary Offer To be arranged
- Experience Level 1-2-years, 3-5-years
- Education Level not-required
- Working Hours To be arranged
- Closing Date January 13, 2019
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page