Tax And Accounting Manager For All-Remote SaaS Company
Are you a tax and accounting guru who can manage books with 100% accuracy? Do you want to manage tax filings for multiple states on a national scale? If so, we’d like to hear from you.
- We are looking to hire an experienced individual who can manage and execute all of our accounting and tax systems, including maintaining our books (this part is nearly all automated), as well as preparing and filing federal and state income tax and sales tax returns in the states where we have nexus.
- Additionally, Action Verb provides tax and accounting services to its parent, sibling, and other affiliated companies, and you would be expected to prepare and file income and sales tax returns for those other entities as well.
- We file a few dozen state sales tax returns per quarter, and we file income tax returns in about a dozen states per year.
- We are planning to execute one or more major acquisitions over the next year, and you will help model, plan, and execute these deals.
We are optimistic that for the right individual, these tasks will account for about 30-50% of your total time, and you’ll be able to spend the rest of your time as an integral part of our senior management team, taking on additional projects that will help grow and improve our business.
About Action Verb
- We build two Infrastructure-as-a-Service Platforms that empower organizations worldwide: BrickFTP, a hosted file sharing service for business, and Vae Platform, a collection of offerings in the hosting and eCommerce space.
- Our company consists of 9 (and growing to 25 by the end of 2018) full time USA-based remote employees, as well as sales and support outposts in Europe and Latin America.
- Our products and services are used by over 2,000 enterprises and SMBs, including Target, Canonical, UPS, Leica, DirecTV, GoPro, Marriott, and more.
We’re Bootstrapped, Profitable, and Growing
- Our success comes from building great products and services that are loved by our customers, and our growth comes from expanding and improving our products as quickly as we can.
- We believe that great products can only be built by great people. So we’re on a quest to find the smartest, most creative, and most motivated technical people, and create an environment in which they thrive.
- At Action Verb, we follow a unique approach to management and company structure that draws inspiration from systems such as Holacracy and the unique approaches taken by Value and Google.
- Our employees don’t have a single job description. Instead, you will fill many specific, focused roles that have very clear authority and accountabilities.
- Some roles are big and some roles are small, but every role has a defined area of authority belonging exclusively to that role.
- You will know your authority and accountabilities, and take action.
- Roles are created, changed, and removed as our business grows, and the roles you fill as an employee will evolve over time.
We Are A Remote Company
- You will work from home and have some flexibility to choose your working hours, allowing you to make time for family, recreation, vacations, or anything that is important to you.
- You’ll take off 11 company-wide holidays per year as well as 20 days of PTO for vacations. Go have fun. Don’t work all the time.
- Every quarter, you’ll travel to an in-person meeting with the entire team to meet and work together face to face. These meetings are in cities that are fun to visit. In the last few years, we’ve been to Austin, Orlando, New Orleans, San Diego, Las Vegas, and New York City.
- Results-Based Hiring
- Action Verb approaches recruiting like a major-league sports team. Just like a team in the NFL or NBA has only a limited number of picks in the draft, we only have a small number of slots available for new employees, and we want to maximize the chance that the people we draft have the highest possible chance of producing results for the team.
- To further the sports analogy, getting a job at Action Verb starts with your stats.
- When we need to fill a role, we look for people with a track record of success filling a similar role.
- We do not hire interns, junior staff, or anyone with less than 3 years of experience directly related to the role. As a result, all your co-workers will be major-league players, and you will relate to everyone here as a peer.
- Bachelor’s degree required. CPA and/or Masters in Tax strongly preferred.
- Experience with preparing and filing 1065, 1120S, 1120, state, and local income tax returns.
- At least three years experience working for a public accounting or audit firm or considerable in-house accounting and tax experience.
- Sophisticated Excel skills, including the ability to create models for answering tax-related planning questions.
- Experience with QuickBooks Online or a comparable platform.
Salary and Pay
- Action Verb offers competitive salaries combined with unparalleled flexibility and other benefits to secure top talent.
- This position pays at least $90,000-110,000 per year, based on experience and track record, plus a great benefits package, and a $2,500 signing bonus to purchase a new computer, desk, or anything else that would help build or refresh your home office.
- After your first year with Action Verb, we’ll update your salary annually based on your performance, as reviewed by your peers. Over the course of your career at Action Verb, your salary can grow by 2-3x if you are one of our highest performers.
- We fully pay base plan health insurance premiums (exact plan details depend on your state of residence), and we’ll pick up the tab for 75% of your spouse or family if they wish to join your chosen plan. We want your family to be healthy.
- Plus, you can join Action Verb Risk Free because of our $7,500 Quitting Bonus Within Your First 90 Days.
- If you don’t like working at Action Verb for any reason, quit within the first 90 days and receive a $7,500 quitting bonus. That should be enough to keep you and your family afloat while you decide on your next path. We hope that you won’t take us up on the offer, but we want you to feel good knowing that it’s there.
Our Core Beliefs
- We believe that allowing and supporting 100% remote work gives us access to great people we wouldn’t otherwise be able to hire. We tend to hire folks who are later in their careers, which means they usually have their family established somewhere. By offering remote work, we can hire the best people, no matter where they’re located.
- We believe that the best way we can acquire top talent is by being an amazing place to work. Work from home, travel with the team, and surround yourself with top tier people at Action Verb. Read about everything we’ve done to make working at Action Verb great.
- We believe that open-source only works if companies give back. If you work on any open-source projects during the course of your work at Action Verb, you are encouraged to submit your improvements as a pull request back to the upstream project. And if you build something from scratch while working here that’s generic and not related to our core products, we want you to release that on GitHub too. We’ll also pay your travel costs to any conference where you can get a speaking gig.
- We believe in building products that we actually use ourselves. We are our own toughest critics and we put all of our products through their paces every day.
How To Apply:
Apply using the link in Custom Application URL
- Salary Offer $90,000-110,000 per year based on experience, starting
- Experience Level 3-5-years, 5-8-years, 8-10-years, 10-years
- Education Level Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree
- Working Hours To be arranged
- Closing Date December 24, 2018
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page