Community Data Platforms believes communities get smarter and stronger by using evidence-based decision-making. CDP supports this mission by building data platforms in communities across the country to help leaders and decision-makers answer their Pressing Questions.
With a five-year goal of serving 100 communities, CDP believes it can support data-driven decision-making among governments, business, and nonprofits, leading to better outcomes among a range of critical community organizations. Communities have pressing questions and CDP’s team and approach develops actionable insights and communicates them clearly by using advanced visualizations. We believe a community data platform is an essential community service.
Working with Community Data Platforms
We’re looking for highly intelligent, motivated people to join a rapidly growing start-up serving communities across the country.
- The technical data project manager (TPM) is in charge of handling all aspects of technical projects, and is responsible for initiating programs, following their progress, and serving as support providers. TPM coordinates efforts among workers and outside vendors, as well as develops effective schedules and suggests action items necessary to successfully complete the project.
- In addition to these tasks, technical project managers TPMs track issues and implement solutions in a prompt manner.
- They must effectively communicate project status and suggest changes to use company resources more efficiently.
- They promote brainstorming amongst the team to create solutions to constraints using their technical expertise and experience, as well as provide expertise for escalated quality problems and anticipate bottlenecks in the development cycle.
- Additionally, TPMs identify technical impacts on the organization as they relate to business requirements.
- They define strategies, regularly participate in executive meetings to present their progress, and share project information with other professionals in their organization.
Technical Program Manager (TPM) Tasks
- Drive new products and features through the development process.
- Gather and create product requirements and specifications.
- Ensure project meets deadlines and is completed within budget.
- Provide leadership to functional teams.
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- Previous experience in a similar technical position can be helpful especially in the world of data.
- Additionally, leadership or management experience is key.
- TPMs must also be problem-solvers with excellent leadership skills who can motivate employees to reach all company objectives.
- They must work effectively on their own, as well as in a team setting with other managers.
- Position can be full or part-time. Huge growth potential for correct candidate. Competitive salary.
- A culture of intellectual humility and a passion for understanding the world around us (we don’t care who’s right – we care what’s right!)
- Working with driven and intellectually curious people who are experts in their fields
- A close-knit team that is devoted to a common mission
- The opportunity to be involved at the early stages of a start-up with enormous potential
- Being at the forefront of the big data wave and its application to community-based decision-making
- Remote work – you set your own hours and complete your work on your own time – no micromanaging!
How To Apply:
Please apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Salary Offer To be arranged
- Experience Level 1-2-years, 3-5-years, 5-8-years
- Education Level Bachelor's Degree
- Working Hours Flexible
- Closing Date December 29, 2018
- Job Application Via Employer Email