We’re looking for an experienced Technical Recruiter to join the People Operations team at Zapier. Want to help grow and nurture the team behind a product that allows everyone to be more productive at work? Then keep reading!
We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply at Zapier. To help share a bit more about life at Zapier, here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Zapier.
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
For the past seven years, Zapier has been helping people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
We believe that with the right tools, you can have big impact with less hassle.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment. All teammates at Zapier agree to a code of conduct.
The Whole Package
Location: United States or Canada
Things You Might Do
Zapier is a fast-growing, and remote-first company, so you’ll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you’ll probably do:
- Identify talented candidates. You’ll experiment by yourself or by working in tandem with hiring managers to reach out efficiently to potential candidates.
- Emphasize diversity and inclusivity. You’ll look for traditional and non-traditional methods to increase the likelihood we can bring new perspectives to the team.
- Find or create new sources of talent. LinkedIn might be a great tool, but you’ll always look for new and unique ways to source talented folks.
- Screen candidates. You’ll serve as the filter of the top of the funnel to maximize the hiring team’s time and focus on interviewing the best candidates.
- Successfully juggle a variety of roles at once. At any given time you could be working on filling 5-10 (or more) open roles from full stack engineer to marketing specialist to platform support engineer.
- Assist with job posts and rubrics. You’ll work with the hiring manager to tighten up job descriptions, screening rubrics, and help polish job posts.
- Iterate on candidate feedback. You’ll constantly smooth rough edges in the hiring process by iterating on feedback from candidates or other signals.
- Nurture relationships with individuals and groups. You’ll help build personal relationships through introductions, references, or by facilitating participation with community groups.
- Develop a diverse pipeline for all current and future roles.
- Reach out to people beyond your network, marketing and sourcing to find great talent and introducing them to Zapier.
- As a part of Zapier’s all-hands philosophy, help customers via support to ensure they have the best experience possible.
You’ve done technical recruiting for at least two years in-house with a software company. You have experience evaluating candidates for a variety of roles, primarily technical roles. You’ve done it on a team and you’ve done it alone. You have no ego and are ready to hop in to help wherever we need it most.
You are passionate to see more diversity and inclusion in the workplace. You will coordinate and develop initiatives to support the same. Prior success with diversity initiatives is highly valued.
You are a builder. You will work with your manager to iterate on hiring processes, adding automation and efficiency improvements along the way. You don’t mind a little ambiguity as we figure it out together.
You provide an incredible candidate experience. You sweat the small stuff but keep the big picture in mind. You know that a job search is a challenging task and by sweating the details you can provide a more human experience for everyone that interacts with Zapier during a hiring process.
You have experience with Applicant Tracking Systems (we use Greenhouse) or CRM systems. If you’ve not used these tools, you should feel comfortable researching them and pushing buttons to see what happens.
You are data driven. You track pipeline health to balance your priorities and set hiring manager expectations.
You are resourceful. You’re willing to research questions, talent, and companies to find the answers and talent.
You are persistently helpful. No matter if it is diversity outreach or screening hundreds of applicants, you are an unstoppably helpful member for our operations team, to both the hiring managers and candidates.
- Competitive salary (we don’t use remote as an excuse to pay less)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- Profit sharing
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. We’ll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn’t a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and you’ll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies
How To Apply:
Apply using the link in Custom Application URL
We have a non-standard application process. To jump-start the process we ask a few questions we normally would ask at the start of an interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us, even if we don’t seem like a good fit. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
- Specific Job Location West Coast USA, Canada
- Salary Offer To be arranged
- Experience Level 1-2-years, 3-5-years
- Education Level not-required
- Working Hours To be arranged
- Closing Date December 28, 2018
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page